*** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA-WESTERN MICHIGAN GAME THREAD ***

I would be quite upset if Kill brings MG back to qb or does some BS platoon rotation. Start developing shortell now. He is the future. Regardless of prep time, he is displaying great potential. MG would make a decent WR. Think of the receiver depth then!!!

I think keeping Shortell at QB would be best for both the Gophers and Gray. Gray will not be an NFL QB, that's a given. But he does have a chance to make it as a TE. We could do some differen things with both Shortell and Gray in the backfield as well.

Unless they really want to burn Nelson's redshirt, there is no way that if Max starts Gray isn't the back up

Unless they really want to burn Nelson's redshirt, there is no way that if Max starts Gray isn't the back up
Gray can still be the backup. Just use him other places while Max is in there

I would be quite upset if Kill brings MG back to qb or does some BS platoon rotation. Start developing shortell now. He is the future. Regardless of prep time, he is displaying great potential. MG would make a decent WR. Think of the receiver depth then!!!

Wait a minute....I thought Nelson was the future???? I'm confused, I can't keep all our QBs of the future straight lol

More immediately important than who should be our QB going forward, i would like to see the Gophers tighten up their short to intermediate defense today. We seem to be good defending the deep pass but are giving up too much of other stuff.

Our run defense is *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing terrible. All of the linebackers are practically worthless. For all of the talk about Gray, this is easily the weakest part of the team.

For QB's, play them both. For our D... having one on the field would be nice.

Our run defense is *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing terrible. All of the linebackers are practically worthless. For all of the talk about Gray, this is easily the weakest part of the team.

Yeah, you could tell before, but now it's really evident, this is gonna be a big problem come B1G season.

Wow! Worst defensive stand of the season coming out to start the 2nd half. #22 was an absolute wimp coming up in support of the run on that QB draw...He should hang is head!

Gray should still start. They need to call more passing plays... the passing plays they call when Gray is in aren't even remotely what they call when Max is in there. Let's see how this 2nd Half pans out before we crown Max because I'm sure WMU made some adjustments...

Gray should still start. They need to call more passing plays... the passing plays they call when Gray is in aren't even remotely what they call when Max is in there. Let's see how this 2nd Half pans out before we crown Max because I'm sure WMU made some adjustments...

Maybe there is a reason for that?

The ole McNabb bounce pass. Maybe Shortell does have an NFL future!

We're gonna lose this one yet, then everyone will cry Gray's injury cost us.

We shouldn't even try to run with Shortell in - Just use Maye as a scatback on short swings and dumps instead.

Believe me, I've been saying that for a while. I hate MG as our QB.

That's not what I was saying. I want MG starting, but the coaches need to trust him then. If they don't trust him to throw, they are doing a disservice to him and the team by starting him. Whoever the QB is, you HAVE to let him throw!

They can pass block quality, Shortell is just standing there playing pitch and catch. But run blocking is a problem.

Top Bottom