***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS wisconsin PAUL BUNYAN AXE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Game wasn't lost because of the refs but that was a brutal no call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This game was lost because of a lack of preparation and a coach who doesn't get in the face of refs who make bad calls against his team.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Man, the decisions by 7 today have been brutal. Redeem yourself, mitch.

Oh.... how far has our O Line regressed this year.

I feel dirty after that one. Almost no positives to take away. #56 gave us a spark on D. Anyone else?

This game was lost because of a lack of preparation and a coach who doesn't get in the face of refs who make bad calls against his team.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it after tonight.

Defense was terrible first half... Liedner terrible all game. Nothing to look forward to next year either. Average team at best.

What a sh*tty end to a sh*tty season!!!!!!!
Yeah, right before that play I was saying a pick 6 would be a fitting end to this dumpster fire. Almost. Oh well.

Feel bad for the seniors. There were legit conference title aspirations. They go out 5-7. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The OL has played very well recently up until this game.
This game was the game that could makes us bowl eligible. No matter how thick the cardboard, a house of cards always folds.

How do I know? I watched the game. Didn't need to be Nostradamus.

Games run for 60 minutes. Teams that are outgained and outplayed still find ways to win games. Not getting easy calls to go our way hurts. Every play matters. Every second matters. You dont see this?

Chryst sounds like Sark in this interview

Gosh, we are a long way from being good. We need upgrades at QB, WR, OL, DL and LB.

You can't play rush D in the BIG with Stetler, Timms, Elmore and Justin Carr at DT. What percentage of Gopher fans had even heard of Carr before today?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Gosh, we are a long way from being good. We need upgrades at QB, WR, OL, DL and LB.

Anything else? Made me laugh, congrats.

On a serious note, we are losing some playmakers off the D. It is impossibke to know how we will do next year and anyone that says otherwise is a fool. That is the beauty of college football.

You can't play rush D in the BIG with Stetler, Timms, Elmore and Justin Carr at DT. What percentage of Gopher fans had even heard of Carr before today?

Well, ideally Stelter and Elmore are DEs, but in this defense, they seem to like under-sized guys like Cockran and Keith on the outside (and they line them up waaaaay outside). People probably get tired of hearing me say it, but I don't think the staff has figured out that they are no longer in the MAC.

Well, ideally Stelter and Elmore are DEs, but in this defense, they seem to like under-sized guys like Cockran and Keith on the outside (and they line them up waaaaay outside). People probably get tired of hearing me say it, but I don't think the staff has figured out that they are no longer in the MAC.

Elmore is a DE, he was just moved because of injuries.

Games run for 60 minutes. Teams that are outgained and outplayed still find ways to win games. Not getting easy calls to go our way hurts. Every play matters. Every second matters. You dont see this?

Chryst sounds like Sark in this interview

If you didn't see a DLine get completely worked over in the 1st half by a OLine if I heard correctly was playing 3 or 4 freahmen there is no reasoning with you. Or help for you.

If you didn't see a DLine get completely worked over in the 1st half by a OLine if I heard correctly was playing 3 or 4 freahmen there is no reasoning with you. Or help for you.

Yeah, and that was the first half. Are you one that gives up in the first quarter? Are you a quitter? Should claeyes have just forfeited at that point?

Time compresses in the 4th quarter. A lot can happen if the score is close enough, timeouts, etc. The one two punch of the hold and non call on pi were big. Not arguable. Game goes for a full 60 minutes. Not 57 minutes.

Elmore is a DE, he was just moved because of injuries.

Yeah, I get that. They really missed Richardson, but they are still going to need a space-eater next to him because they are either stunting themselves out of too many plays or getting run over. One thing that hasn't been mentioned a lot is how much we missed Damien Wilson this season. Lynn simply can't close like Wilson could and while Campbell can close, he's out of position too much.

+1 We desperately need help on the D line.

I've never gotten the feeling that those with the true power ($ or job titles) have ever been as embarrassed by Gopher revenue sports as most fans are. The standards are so unbelievably low here to justify continuing with the status quo (essentially don't lose to a Dakota school). Raises and extensions are handed out like candy for the smallest accomplishments.

I very much hope we go to a bowl. If we do, I'll definitely watch and cheer for my team.

Not gonna win games when you are -4 in the take/give category. Also seemed like the offense was more conservative than they have been the past few weeks. Seems like the offense has been at its best when going with at least a bit of tempo so it will be interesting to see if we get more of that going forward. The turning point of the game to me was the Leidner fumble as your defense had finally got a stop and you where moving the ball decently and looking like you might go get the lead back but you fumble and wisconsin takes advantage of good field position with another TD. Liked the adjustment to stop the run in the 2nd half but it should have been made earlier. Probably should have came out right away like that and dared wisconsin to throw especially missing the DTs. OL was horrible today and a huge part of Leidner's struggles, when they protected well Mitch played well and when they gave up heavy pressure he struggled. Hopefully the staff is able to add a couple more OL and DL the next few weeks as we definitely need help there if nothing else for more competition and better depth.

Top Bottom