***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Syracuse (GAME THREAD)

Brewster, in 2-plus years, has made 1 in-game adjustment...last year in Madison...time to earn that $1 million check...still a very winnable game.

Hey Doogie, nice call on the blitzes. I heard from my inside source that works the nacho cart at the Dome that the Gophs defensive game plan is to give up fewer points than the other team. Brilliant insight!

Weber needs to be replaced. He keeps saying he has learned and he has improved. He has not. Paulus is a better qb than Weber and he hasn't play in 5 years. Pathetic.

How many times is this team going to do this? Fantastic start, it looks like we're going to run away with the game... then the offense stalls, slow, dinky crap that gets you no where. It's like we haven't even tried to attack them. We don't have a defense that can do it all itself. To tricky, too slow. Where's Decker down the field? We need to get the ball deep to him to open up other plays.

We need to come out on the attack in the second half if we're going to have a chance. Weber just misses too many open receivers. Brewster's on the hot seat this year.

Gophs will win this game by 10+. These are all of the same posts from the season opener the past 2 years and one good quarter of play and you all have your knee pads for Brewster back on.

Show me one time we came out of a slump after going flat in the first quarter under the Brewster era.......

Don't worry I'll wait....... :rolleyes:

I thought with Dunbar leaving we wouldnt see the horrendously run bubble screens every other play. I sure feel dumb. If this continues the gopher will be lucky to win a game. This team needs to start showing some emotion and play with fire. And to reiterate another point, WILL THE COACHES PLEASE MAKE A WORTHWHILE ADJUSTMENT. Whatever they are trying to do right now sure as hell is not working.

I am not advocating fireing the coaches, but MAN ALIVE, this is just HUGELY disappointing display of football up til now.

This must be the MOST frustrating D-1 team to be a fan of in the entire country. Rutgers, for God's sake, long the biggest laughingstock on the East Coast, has at least had teams in the last few years that have surprised. Why can't we have the same, rather than a team that continually disappoints?

One throw down the field for Decker and that was caught for what, 40 yards? There playing man-to-man on him.

FIRE Brewster and HIRE Tony Dungy!

Honestly though, is there one person on this board who thinks Dungy would get back into coaching to come to the Gophers?? He could hand pick his job, I just could never see that happening.

EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!!!

Whomever are calling for the heads of our coaching staff are morons. Its the first half of the first game. Weber is playing subpar, and our O line doesn't look like its doing its job. This will change. For God's sake, could we save the season assessments for at least week 3? I hate the bullheaded Minnesota mentality out of some of you. You're the prime example why we have a shitty fanbase, you're too goddamned fickle. Use some perspective.

Art Vandelay -- Hear you...as frustrated as you are...they keep essentially running the same play...still trust the nugget this individual gave me...he/she would/should know.

EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!!!

Whomever are calling for the heads of our coaching staff are morons. Its the first half of the first game. Weber is playing subpar, and our O line doesn't look like its doing its job. This will change. For God's sake, could we save the season assessments for at least week 3? I hate the bullheaded Minnesota mentality out of some of you. You're the prime example why we have a shitty fanbase, you're too goddamned fickle. Use some perspective.

It's the first half of the first game for BOTH TEAMS. Quick using that lame ass logic over and over and over and over and over and over....

This difference between us and Iowa is Iowa is playing decent they've just made a few mistakes, us on the other hand, are playing terribly.......

Art Vandelay -- Hear you...as frustrated as you are...they keep essentially running the same play...still trust the nugget this individual gave me...he/she would/should know.

Doogie, I'm just bustin' your chops!

EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!!!

Yeah but we've seen this movie over and over and we all know how it ends.......

EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!!!

Please remove head from ass. This is not one half of the first game. It is 2 years+ of horrible, abject failure by a coach who obviously has no idea what he is doing. Not surprising, since he never called a single play, or was ever promoted, in 20+ years of coaching before Maturi handed him the keys to the team.

my god, weber throws his 4th pass at the feet of an open WR. lovely. hate to be negative, but just pointing out facts.

If we don't see Grey by the end of the 3rd under center I will be officially PISSED.......

We need a stop here...it's 3rd Quarter, the crowd is a little settled in, 3rd & long, WE NEED A STOP!

Top Bottom