***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Some Stupid Team (GAME THREAD)

The maddening thing is that Iowa's offense is not doing much either, so we could be winning this game if we could muster a sustained drive or two... defense is doing a great job. Hopefully we can keep the O on the field more to keep the D from getting worn out (again).

Offense

2007 (1-11): 26.2 ppg / 407.5 ypg - RS Freshman QB
2009 (6-5): 23.5 ppg / 304.5 ypg - 3 year starter Junior QB

Defense is playing great; hats off to them. Offense once again is full of inconsistency, poor execution, and errors. How much of this is attributable to a new offense/coaching versus youth? Either way, Weber is clearly struggling and instead of helping the team with his experience he seems to be dragging the offense down.

Weber is horrible, I don't even know how any of you can defend him.......

You'd think maybe Davis would make a point to make sure the O-lineman blocked the D lineman......

I don't think 500 hand signals is enough. Fisch should add maybe 500 more for our quarterbacks to learn.

I am surprised how much pressure we have been able to put on the quarterback today. With our lack of pass rush all year and Iowa's supposed great O-line, it is great to see.

not sure our D is playing so well as Iowa's offense sux.

1st Down: Pressure, thrown away
2nd Down: bad pass, misses open reciever.
3rd Down: Dropped ball

ON this last series the D had one decent play yet it ends up as a 3 and out. Iowa's offense has been bad all year, and they look bad today. Our D is making a few plays, but is far from dominant.

The announcer just called it straight - "so much for half-time adjustments, both teams have gone 3 & out"

I thought one of the Gopher bloggers mentioned that we'd be seeing more of Gray this game. How about giving him a full series or two? Can't hurt...

Wow...I don't have words to describe how bad our offense looks...even a decent weber pass causes two WR to run into each other.

Thanks great coaching there. We're now defending ourselves against the pass. Fisch has been a kill shot alright.

I could have been hired and done this poorly.

Wow...we are terrible. WTF happened to our offense? I've almost resorted to turning the channel when we have the ball...it's that bad.

Haven't been paying attention to our offense much, but has Gray played any since he threw the pick?

He just called us "Undisciplined" and he's right.......

That falls on the Coach.......

The more I watch, the more I think the coaches are the problem. Misroutes, bad play calling, penalties, etc.

How sad is it that the DC is the best coach on the team right now?

There's no way we win this game. I'm completely detached right now. I mean, how in the hell can we score even 7 points, let along 10 (or at least 12...after Iowa converts for at least a fg here). It's seriously sad. LIke I said though, I'm resigned to the fact...so it's all good.

Anybody think that Ohio St might be blowing this game against Michigan on purpose so that Mich for sure wont fire Rodriguez?? I mean a loss doesn't hurt Ohio St in anyway!!

It looks like a really nice day weather-wise though. And our uniforms look sharp.

I think watching Paint Dry is more entertaining than our offense...Weber reminds me of Spergon Wynn

The thing is Cosgrove is at least a guy who has coached before at a couple major programs even though the last couple didn't go well. Our HC and OC have no major coaching experience.

I get the feeling that Fisch and Brew are in WAY over their heads, *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, they can't even perform basic offensive tasks. it's more than frustrating, it's nearly bewildering?

Top Bottom