***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Michigan -(GAME THREAD)-

Hoke's toughest decision of the day is going to be whether or not to play Denard in the 2nd half. On one hand Denard could put up historic numbers to make a run at a heisman, on the other hand he might get hurt in garbage time.

Hoke's toughest decision of the day is going to be whether or not to play Denard in the 2nd half. On one hand Denard could put up historic numbers to make a run at a heisman, on the other hand he might get hurt in garbage time.
Hurt? The Gophers players aren't tough enough and don't hit hard enough to hurt someone.

What the heck does Goldy have to smile about? Or is he laughing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I meant like a tweaked ankle or something completely unrelated to our defense.

There is no excuse for this. Defense can't force a punt, offense is stopped and forced to punt on every drive. It would be difficult to find a team that plays this poorly anywhere else. We don't just lose, we get absolutely decimated.

They don't even play HS level football..if #60 on our OL gets pancaked one more time, someone's going to pour maple syrup on the guy. Just a terrible team again this year...embarrassing.

POSSESION RESULT
1st TD
2nd TD
3rd TD
4th TD
5th FG
6th TD

Halftime: Michigan 38, Gophers 0 (3 1st downs)

Ok, it's pretty obvious that Brewster left the team with no talent. We just have no talent at all. Shortell hasn't looked too bad. Sacks are on the OL, as Shortell didn't even have a chance, except for one of those sacks where he tried to run. It's obvious he can't run.

other programs seem to do a lot more with a lot less

Ok, it's pretty obvious that Brewster left the team with no talent. We just have no talent at all. Shortell hasn't looked too bad. Sacks are on the OL, as Shortell didn't even have a chance, except for one of those sacks where he tried to run. It's obvious he can't run.
Which is my entire point in favor of gray. Shortell will wind up like David Carr and we will have ruined two talents instead of one. With our o-line someone like shortell is going to get just hammered.

I'm thankful I have the Packers and Brewers to watch this weekend. I truly feel sorry for all of you native Minnesotans, go Lynx?

Well look at the bright side. We knew going into today we are an awful team. So this isn't out of the blue and it just confirms what we knew. Coaches can't get the team up for div 2 teams, rivalry teams, home games, or anythign else. That concerns me.

If I was Hoke, I'd run up the score. I'm a first year Coach, I need my ego to be stroked. Minnesota didn't even consider me to be their Coach. Minnesota can't even tackle well enough to injure someone.

@UMGoBlog Can someone verify that minnesota actually got off the bus today?

I'm going to go check the prediction thread. I may have a tshirt coming my way...

PULL RYAN WYNN (#60). He just gets destroyed every play. He is the worst o-linemen I've seen in years. And he's a senior. Way to develop. I will blame player development on Brew. Horrid.

Minnesota
Michigan
1st Downs 4 21
3rd down efficiency
0-5 5-6
4th down efficiency
0-0 0-0
Total Yards 69 384
Passing 44 170
Comp-Att
5-7 14-17
Yards per pass
6.3 10.0
Rushing 25 214
Rushing Attempts
14 23
Yards per rush
1.8 9.3
Penalties 5-35 2-19
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost
1 0
Interceptions thrown
0 0
Possession 12:02 17:58

I'm going to go check the prediction thread. I may have a tshirt coming my way...

Man, it isn't closest score wins, it is exact score wins. If we somehow hold them to 17 points in the 2nd half, I'd be surprised.

All three seniors on the O-line should not play another down this year.

Shortell is a good QB, but he really doesn't fit Coach Kill's philosophy because he can't run. Heck, Gray doesn't either, because he can't pass. I'm starting to think maybe Nelson (incoming freshman) may be the future. I mean I like Gray, and I like Shortell more, but they just don't fit the "system."

I think my Gopher experience is over for this week. It's beautiful in Milwaukee and I need to go for a long run. Good luck to the rest of you. Only 31 days until we can shift our false hope to the hardwood!

Cam Newton couldn't score with this offensive line. We have no talent. Did you see the linemen just gut blown up by the DT on his way to hitting Shortell?

Have a nice run. Weather here in the cities is great, hope it is there too.

Top Bottom