***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Iowa State (GAME THREAD)

14 rushes for 20 yards. 1.4 avg. 9 yd long.

Last offensive TD- November 9.

Iowa St leads in First Downs 14-7.

Iowa St leads in Total Yards 261-149 (we have 19 yards rushing).

Gophers 1/6 on 3rd Down.

Gray 1/1, 11 yards
Weber 8/15, 119, 1 INT

Its amazing that this is what you get with a month of preparation time.

The had one good looking pass to Gray. So what does the offensive genius do on 4th down? Call the exact same play again but to a crappy WR that has done absolutely nothing all year. Brilliant!

So hard to watch....Weber only is confortable in the shotgun....but agree....if Gray doesnt come out as the starter...I will be so pissed!

GoGophers

Here's the CRAZY thing I can't figure out guys. Brewster comes in like a lot of new coaches and "should" feature HIS recruits and players....and Weber is not his guy - Gray is. So even though Gray may struggle a little with the offense (who isn't?), he's showing enough in the REALLY limited opportunities that he can flat out play. This is mind blowing to me, and unfortunately, if Gray isn't played more in the 2nd half and into next year - I'll wait to renew tickets until he plays. Crap, he's one of the FEW reasons I'm struggling through this game - I wanna see him play! Weber locks onto one guy, holds the ball, and doesn't run....he wobbles around. He's not the "athlete" he was early last year when he could run for 10 yds on a breakdown.

Look at the bright side: with the Gopher-apathy so prevalent in the Twin Cities media, at least we won't have to re-live this abysmal performance for the next several days...

(there I go again. .....must .....control .....cynicism, .....30 ...minutes ....to play)

The announcer seriously just said this game is on Adam Webers shoulders. UHG!

Whaley doesn't look good today. These multiple cut backs reveal a poor RB or lack of holes in the OL.

Whaley doesn't look good today. These multiple cut backs reveal a poor RB or lack of holes in the OL.

the latter - explanable by lack of passing game due to lack of even an average high school level QB.

Is there any question Gray is our best weapon.

I hate to blow up the everyone hates Weber party, but you have to put some on the recievers too...Carpenter's route on that 4th and 2 was awful at best...yes Weber isn't looking amazing, but the O line ain't helping, nor is some of the sloppy route running...I mean seriously, our best reciever tonight is Gray...come on

Glad to see he's at least on the field.

Gray's 4 plays:

11 yard pass.

4 yard run on 3rd & 1.

21 yard catch.

17 yard catch.

OK. I finally agree that Brewster may not be our coach. Hire Mike Leach. Maybe he can put Weber in a closet.

mcKnight drops easy td pass......

here comes the weber hate in 3...2....1...

ellestad misses a gimmie.... but thats probably Brewster's fault...

Face it, this team ain't good. Overall, not just some players...

Do they really have to show the Insight Bowl logo after every replay?

Fisch = Childress. Its amazing how many people have defended him here. 1st down = run 99% of the time. Unfortunately its a run for 0-2 yards. Then they've got 2 plays to convert.

I have no idea why he is passing out of a TE/FB set, either. Last time I checked, ISU isn't having a problem with stopping the run, so they really aren't going to care about the FB in the flat.

mcKnight drops easy td pass......

here comes the weber hate in 3...2....1...

ellestad misses a gimmie.... but thats probably Brewster's fault...

Face it, this team ain't good. Overall, not just some players...

Bad hash mark - if your QB can't throw over 2 yards downfield, then you can't try pass plays of longer than two yards - so on 3rd-and-10, at least set up the FG properly.

Top Bottom