***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Iowa State (GAME THREAD)

Don't worry folks, from the predictions on Gopherhole the past several weeks, there is a huge offensive attack just waiting to be unleashed. Probably around the middle of the 4th quarter.

...OK, sorry. That was snide, and hopefully the Gophers will figure it out on offense on this very next drive, but this game thus far epitomizes the homer viewpoint. We get all these predictions of offensive improvement when there is ABSOLUTELY NO BASIS to predict such improvement. People just can't admit to themselves that all they are doing is HOPING for improvement.

3 passes, 3 first downs, -- you were saying?

That was a terrible throw. Stoud slipped because the ball was 2 yards behind him.

Gray shows the ability to scramble and be patient, throws a bullet for a 1st down.... Weber comes in, ignores a wide open WR, and instead throws an INT.

Brewster needs to change QB's or resign.

WR did slip, but that throw was going to be well behind him. Ugh.

Did anyone else see how wide open our guy was in the flat on the interception?

He slipped because he was running full out to his right, and Weber through to his left. That's not a tough break, it's a lousy pass.

Troy was there coming out of the break on the skinny. Ball was late AND behind him. Figure that out.

Tow Arnett WIDE open in the flat - proves Weber locks in on ONE guy - that safety would have made the play even if Troy didn't fall down!

I'm a Brewster supporter and I think he means well, but is allegience to Weber could end up costing him his job (assuming it continues next season).

The team looks almost exactly like the Vikings. Terrible offensive coaches that think they can just run the ball on 1st down and gain 0-1 yards all day, then a defense that can't stop anyone when it counts and gives up big plays at the end of the half.

I like Theret - but he just got beat on a double move at the 5 yrd line on a hail mary - I've seen it all now....

Alright, I'm no football genius, but does that hand-off make sense in ANY universe? What's the potential upside?

Brewster said Gray would see a lot of time this game, playing QB and a lot at WR. At halftime he has logged 2 or 3 plays. WTF.

I'm a Brewster supporter and I think he means well, but is allegience to Weber could end up costing him his job (assuming it continues next season).

Honestly, I too support Brew to a fair extent, and if Weber both plays in the second half and starts next year, I think he fully deserves to be fired. To keep doing the same thing over and over when it's been proven not to work is pure insanity.

I'm pleased. With this additional post season prep time we have turned our offense around. Finally, Weber can show his real potential, er...?

Dang do I miss the old days of beating Alabama in the Music City bowl......this team being in a bowl game is punishing my New Year's Eve experience! Its like a train wreck that I have to watch.

Come on guys, we're going to get 14 safeties in the 2nd half to win the game 31-30!

Top Bottom