******Official Minnesota vs. Illinois in-game thread: 11AM CT, ESPNU*********

I remember Streveler looking even worse than Leidner in the passing game and only completing 1 pass. Leidner is the guy this year.

That's the problem. Illinois has sold out on the run. Streveler isn't the key moving forward in this game.

Cobb got his first 1st Down. Late, but nice to see.

The read option is just not working. Leidner is not making good decisions.

Two minute drill. Need to score. Why run on 1st with clock running down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leidner made some very nice plays last week against Purdue in the second half. GH'ers have an incredibly short memory.

And therein lies the problem. Leidner DID make some nice plays late in the Purdue game. So, now both you (and some other Gopher fans) AND the defense think it's ok to be getting destroyed early in the game with bad play on both sides of the ball and questionable offensive playcalling...because Leidner will repeat what he did last week. Right?

So the question is, did Leidner overplay his norm late in that game, or is he underplaying himself today? Season stats suggest today is more of the norm.

The worst thing that can happen to leidner is for his receivers to drop the the first two passes.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

so true. it just sets the tone. but in theory, it shouldn't make a bit of difference. why does Illinois look like Michigan State today and we look like Macalester?

I think IL knows we're not going to give the ball to the slowest WR in the Big Ten on a jet sweep.

And Leidner giving no one a chance.

Woli was well covered but could have caught the pass. Jones SHOULD have caught that first pass.

The D-Back was pulling his arm down and may have gotten a hand on the ball. Can't call that a drop.

We will not win big games because of #7. We may win them but not because of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woli was well covered but could have caught the pass. Jones SHOULD have caught that first pass.

I also think Wolitarsky was caught a bit by surprise. It may have been an overthrow intended for the underneath guy.

Better open the 2nd half with a score. Had opportunities to tilt the field in our favor but couldn't take advantage. Can we make it 2-22 in the JK era??

Well this was a pathetic half. The good news is we get the ball and have been a pretty good second half team this year.

And therein lies the problem. Leidner DID make some nice plays late in the Purdue game. So, now both you (and some other Gopher fans) AND the defense think it's ok to be getting destroyed early in the game with bad play on both sides of the ball and questionable offensive playcalling...because Leidner will repeat what he did last week. Right?

So the question is, did Leidner overplay his norm late in that game, or is he underplaying himself today? Season stats suggest today is more of the norm.

What? Are you dense? The two early touchdowns and the Illinois defensive gameplan mean that bringing in Streveler would be a HUGE mistake. They've sold out on the run. What makes you think that bringing in an even worse passer would help? You're throwing darts in the dark.

Why do the majority of quarterbacks today cant pass worth a $#!*? I get so sick of every quarterback having to be a dual threat qb when in all reality they are a quarterback that cant throw the damn football.

ummmm....i watch alot of football, as i'm sure you do, and there are numerous good-throwing qb's out there. not sure what you're referring to. we've faced some good passers this year ourselves.

After getting punched in the mouth last week, we come out and get punched worse the week after.

Top Bottom