******Official Minnesota vs. Illinois in-game thread: 11AM CT, ESPNU*********

Actually, it's a decent idea. Its time to let go of outdated notions that changing QB's is a "punishment" or "sending a message" to someone. Illinois probably did not prepare for Streveler and Streveler could add an important dynamic to the game. You just never know what will spark a team in any given series or game. Something is clearly off today but I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Each three and out will continue to demoralize Leidner and Streveler would come in jacked up and wanting to prove something. We need a spark and sometimes waiting and waiting can be detrimental and can cause an offense to just lose confidence and enthusiasm. But what do I know?

Leidner made some very nice plays last week against Purdue in the second half. GH'ers have an incredibly short memory.

Well the defense is stepping up, that's a good thing.

Get something before half and not give up anymore we'll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IL offense is matching ours now. If we could just get into FG range on each drive and make then we could chip away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leidner totally misread the 2nd down read option on the last drive. He should have kept it, it was wide open.

The MVP for us so far is Beckman. Their offense was clicking on all cylinders and he changed up his QB.

decent pass there...lets keep it up

that was an awful pass

Leidner made some very nice plays last week against Purdue in the second half. GH'ers have an incredibly short memory.

You're absolutely right. I do remember. I know I don't know much, but the Steveler idea seems to make some sense right now. Maybe its the exact wrong thing to do. Who the heck knows?

Leidner is not a roll out passer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please get three points at least. Don't make us make another 11 point comeback.

nice catch by maye...huge catch

That conversion was huge. Good throw and good catch.

You're absolutely right. I do remember. I know I don't know much, but the Steveler idea seems to make some sense right now. Maybe its the exact wrong thing to do. Who the heck knows?
I remember Streveler looking even worse than Leidner in the passing game and only completing 1 pass. Leidner is the guy this year.

The worst thing that can happen to leidner is for his receivers to drop the the first two passes.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Really didn't expect that Cobb would have to work so hard for every yard in this game.

Why do the majority of quarterbacks today cant pass worth a $#!*? I get so sick of every quarterback having to be a dual threat qb when in all reality they are a quarterback that cant throw the damn football.

Top Bottom