******Official Minnesota vs. Illinois in-game thread: 11AM CT, ESPNU*********

I am so tired of limegrover's play calling. he is not doing mitch any favors.

Leidner looks lost today. I think everyone banked on Cobbs going off. Hope they can make the adjustments at the half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The jet sweep action to Wolitarsky scares nobody. It's pointless.

The worst thing that happened in this game was our receivers dropping the first two passes. That just reinforced Illinois decision to respect our passing game as if a 5th grade girl was our QB. Leidner is now making terrible throws, decisions, etc, and Illinois is not going to let us run our way back to confidence. Let's see what the coaches can come up with.

Mitch has missed on two big ones and made a bunch of crappy decisions.

He'll have a better second half--I hope.

Everybody is playing like crap.

The Big Ten games they've won these last two years have been won with a solid Passing Game. They need to find that game again in the 2nd half. Hope that doesn't offend the "they don't NEED to Pass" crowd.

That's the problem. Illinois has sold out on the run. Streveler isn't the key moving forward in this game.

Your assumption being that Streveler would throw even worse than Leidner? As far as TODAY goes, I'll have to question what game you're watching. Leidner has been terrible, to put it mildly.

I agree with those saying those first two dropped passes were killer. It made Mitch think he had to be perfect and he plays terribly when he puts that kind of pressure on himself. That and the running game has been non-existent.

Leidner has made some pretty bad throws and his decision making in the option play has been poor. But what about the receivers getting some separation? How about a few drops. What about the ATROCIOUS O-line play? Even Cobb can't find any space. People calling for Leidner's head are not paying very close attention to other major problems.

Maybe it's the Grain Belt talking, but I feel ok about the 2nd half. Team can't really play worse, and we're due a turnover or two. A lot riding on that first drive after half IMO. Got to move the ball.

That's the problem. Illinois has sold out on the run. Streveler isn't the key moving forward in this game.

No, they've sold out on Cobb. The QB run has been open, if we had a QB to exploit it. Bad read decisions on the option.

Also, why, again, are we seeing a full offensive half without an attempted SCREEN PASS?

The worst thing that happened in this game was our receivers dropping the first two passes. That just reinforced Illinois decision to respect our passing game as if a 5th grade girl was our QB. Leidner is now making terrible throws, decisions, etc, and Illinois is not going to let us run our way back to confidence. Let's see what the coaches can come up with.

It's not true, but if you need it to justify Mitch's horrible 1st Half it's at least understandable. Still not true, but understandable.

Illinois is stacking the box, daring the Gophers to throw. Mitch scares nobody.

Your assumption being that Streveler would throw even worse than Leidner? As far as TODAY goes, I'll have to question what game you're watching. Leidner has been terrible, to put it mildly.

Didn't Streveler start a game in which he completed one pass for seven yards? He's not a better option at this point. It's short sighted to say otherwise.

If you're a glass half full kind of guy, just think that if we lose then you'll save a lot of money not traveling to the Outback bowl.

Games are won in the trenches. The score reflects Minnesota's woeful display of offensive line blocking (pass and rush). Illinois is last in rush defense; however, offensive line by the Gophers makes the Illini look like a top defense. Better have a big adjustment in line play in the second half.

Go Gophers!!

This reminds me of Glen's last trip to Bloomington.

We barfed it up the first half and throttled them in the third quarter.

Hoping for a repeat.

please leave "girls" out of this. it's kinda demeaning to the opposite sex. the head of the PGA was fired yesterday for calling Ian Poulter a "lil girl". I know I'm being sort of winey here, but lets say a "5th grade boy". I'm trying to raise strong and confident daughters.

I am so tired of limegrover's play calling. he is not doing mitch any favors.

Doesn't matter what you call if your OL isn't blocking, your receivers can't catch the ball, and your QB can't read the option and throw the ball well.

I'm really in shock. After last week, I thought there would be no way we come out flat. Lots of teams have sold out on the run and Cobb has still had success. We really aren't doing a whole lot right. I don't care how bad our QB has looked, 3 points at the half against Illinois is ridiculous.

Leidner has made some pretty bad throws and his decision making in the option play has been poor. But what about the receivers getting some separation? How about a few drops. What about the ATROCIOUS O-line play? Even Cobb can't find any space. People calling for Leidner's head are not paying very close attention to other major problems.

Not calling for Leidner's head. Just saying he played very badly and they need him to play much better to win this thing.

That first half was a serious bummer. Good news - we get 30 minutes to change things around. Gopher's Oline not doing anyone any favors today.

If you're a glass half full kind of guy, just think that if we lose then you'll save a lot of money not traveling to the Outback bowl.

If your going the cynics route, it would also seem to make the players happy. They seem to demand that people say they can't win. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's the Grain Belt talking, but I feel ok about the 2nd half. Team can't really play worse, and we're due a turnover or two. A lot riding on that first drive after half IMO. Got to move the ball.

This is a horrible Illinois team and they only have an 11 point lead so the game is certainly still within reach but the offense needs to come up with something early in the half like they did against Purdue. What is really troubling though is the amount of trouble we are having with teams that are clearly near the bottom of the conference in Purdue last week and now Illinois, does not bode well for that final stretch of games.

Raise your hand if you think we're winning this game...

You're sure sticking up hard for a QB who just played an atrocious first half and an offensive coordinator who was unable to guide a running team to even one TD in the first half against one of the worst rushing defenses in the whole of college football.

I know you want to be a glass half-full guy here, but if you can't see the mistakes that both the QB and the O Coordinator have been doing today, then you've got some major rose-colored glasses on today, my friend.

Top Bottom