******Official Minnesota vs. Illinois in-game thread: 11AM CT, ESPNU*********

Turnover would be reeeeally nice right now.

ummm, Mitch, seriously, let's go, dude. If Leidner can't throw and can't make decent decisions, then it's time to put in Streveler so there's at least a QB running threat.

You cannot be serious.........

nice tackle by wilson

Great play by Wilson. Contained the QB and still made the tackle after the pitch.

Defense is starting to step up, it's time for the O to put a good drive together.

Big stop. Get the O going, put the pressure on the Illini and they might start folding.

Without a doubt that was a QB draw. And against a blitz at that.

I don't think it was. You saw Leidner hesitate before pulling the ball down. Only did that because the pocket collapsed so quickly.

I will feel okay if we can get some points here. It seems like our defense has figured them out a little.

Leidner is just off, even on the read option. If he keeps there he's got a big gain.

Illinois attempting to run the inside read option with guy in motion looks ugly...Leidner will need to make a few throws to get IL to stop selling out to the run

nah, I'd give Leidner another couple of possessions to show he can do anything. If it continues to be poor...well you have to try to win the game.

nah, I'd give Leidner another couple of possessions to show he can do anything. If it continues to be poor...well you have to try to win the game.

I'm just trying to figure out how you blame him for a few dropped passes and a non-existent running game.

Mitch has been pretty bad today to be honest. Maybe he will get it together but our WR's are getting some open looks & he's not putting the ball where they can get it...

Delay of game? Down there?

Dr.Don? Where are you to tell us everything is going great?:eek:

Every facet looks bad. The O line looks lost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worst game I've seen us play in the last 3 years to this point. Seriously shocked and slightly embarrassed right now.

Must've slept through the alarm this morning. WAKE UP GOPHS!

I'm just trying to figure out how you blame him for a few dropped passes and a non-existent running game.

Two dropped passes (Woli's WAS defended, at least), but several outright misses, and several really bad decisions, to go along with a complete failure (today) to read the defense for the run option. Leidner has been worse than Limey, so far today.

Defense has definitely tightened up but like in the TCU game, they are not getting much help from the Offense...

Actually, it's a decent idea. Its time to let go of outdated notions that changing QB's is a "punishment" or "sending a message" to someone. Illinois probably did not prepare for Streveler and Streveler could add an important dynamic to the game. You just never know what will spark a team in any given series or game. Something is clearly off today but I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Each three and out will continue to demoralize Leidner and Streveler would come in jacked up and wanting to prove something. We need a spark and sometimes waiting and waiting can be detrimental and can cause an offense to just lose confidence and enthusiasm. But what do I know?

Top Bottom