***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD***

I feel like they're probably coached to do that, to prioritize getting back on defense over trying for offensive rebounds.

They should watch West Virginia. They pick up people on press even if they don't hit bucket. This is pathetic . I'm sticking with the big twelve. Much better class of bball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well either we were making progress or the last 5 games teams were "looking past us". This is just a classic example of a team not showing up. You wanna blame Pitino that's fair.

Tried that "Let's not prepare for Northwestern" again. Bet he regrets saying that yesterday.

Pitino needs to go back and sit with his old man !

The Iowa game will be worse than this. 35 point loss easily.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Watched that whole game last night. I trade most of this is team for him at this point. We'd probably have to give Rutgers some cash considerations also.

Agreed, if you are going to lose might as well at least make it entertaining. He reminds me of Steve Francis in college.

Pitino will be asked to resign or strongly encouraged to find another job the day after the season! Almost would be clearer if we don't win one of the two against Rutgers.

Pitino will be asked to resign or strongly encouraged to find another job the day after the season! Almost would be clearer if we don't win one of the two against Rutgers.
Book it.

Thought this would be the game we got a conference win but not much at all went right tonight. Started with Murphy getting in early foul trouble and Buggs making a couple of mistakes on defense that led to open 3s for Northwestern's best 3 pt shooter. Wouldn't say anybody played well but the 3 upperclassmen were absolutely awful today with some really really bad mental mistakes which seems almost common with those 3. After a couple solid games Konate was horrible again. Mason had a very uncharecteristic game with one of his worst games of the year with probably a season high in turnovers for him. Northwestern had been struggling especially from 3 and they were really good there tonight which didn't help matters any. A week to get ready for Michigan maybe Gilbert is back by that time and we can see a little less of Buggs/Morris. Just not a good night at all I'm confident this team will get back to playing the way they were the last few before tonight against Michigan.

I'm going to read further on in Main Street and check in on the board once this is over.

One bright spot, Konate makes 6 free throws.

Buggs is a favorite of mine, but dang, he has disappeared!

pretty good ball movement.......only 39 secs left...... but we got this

Bright spot: we only lost by 24 instead of 25! We're improving every game!

Northwestern hasn't won by 25 points since 1999, looks like Goohers prevented that happening this year.

How much of this loss was being outcoached versus bring outplayed?

Look on the bright side, we don't play again for almost a week and the football season is only 209 days away.

How much of this loss was being outcoached versus bring outplayed?

I say 45% outcoached, 55% outplayed.

It's a very rare, and very sad day when I just plain give up watching the Gophs. This just simply isn't watchable.

+1. Turned it off for the 2nd time this year and 2nd time ever.

Top Bottom