***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I actually did the math a few years ago. Over two years, in Big Ten games reffed by Hightower, the Gophers won about 10% of them. All other Big Ten games over that time period, the Gophers won over 50%
Wish I could say I was surprised by that, but of course, I'm not. The biggest thing I hated about him and guys like Valentine is all the histrionics. Just make the freaking call. But, I digress.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Nick Ward is 3rd in the conference in blocks per game and averages 1.75 fouls per game in B1G play.

Lynch is averaging 4.5 fouls per game.

Physical defense does not equal fouling every 5 minutes. Stop excusing it. It's bad discipline.

Michigan States guards don't allow much dribble penetration in the lane. Lynch is put in a lot of situations to make plays at the basket. A lot of it comes from the gophers trying to fight over screens. It allows for easy lanes to the basket.

Michigan States guards don't allow much dribble penetration in the lane. Lynch is put in a lot of situations to make plays at the basket. A lot of it comes from the gophers trying to fight over screens. It allows for easy lanes to the basket.

Shooting 30%, almost no offensive rebounds, the Izzo effect all leading to this ugly mess. Ag U playing good D. Whiner Izzo bitching about a an obvious travel - so hard for him when he does not get every call. I was worried after they got ranked....

Boy, Reusse is really going to go to town after this game and especially after Souhan's praise of Richard today.

In general, college and high school. I do not like the way the game of basketball is officiated. It is so inconsistently called. Frustrating to watch, they do not call travel anymore. Hate it and question why I watch.

I dont think i've seen a worse offensive outing by the gophers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

No question Sparty is getting the calls tonight (go figure), but the Gophers aren't playing team basketball on offense. Too much forcing the issue instead of moving and making the extra pass.

I feel like we've just provided the rest of the conference with a recipe for our destruction.

Pitino is already back on the hot seat. And I am a big Pitino fan. The next two games just got a lot more important. Good teams, nay, average teams, don't get beat by 30.

Wow , what an awful performance on offense and on the defensive boards as well. All one on one tonight. Murphy just refuses to pass out of the post he doesn't care if he has three guys on him he's going to shoot. Just a rough night, maybe we will get back into playing as a team on offense.

Pitino is already back on the hot seat. And I am a big Pitino fan. The next two games just got a lot more important. Good teams, nay, average teams, don't get beat by 30.
One loss. Everybody played bad at once.

I don't agree Madtown - who would have won against Mich St tonight? Probably nobody in the Big Ten. Let's just move on and see how we play against Penn State and then a few games at home...

The frustrating this is that if we had only shut the out in the second half we would be up 1 right now.

As bad as we've played defense is still there in second half...we won't have another offensive performance like this again

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

Just like cops, teachers, firefighters and social workers, refs probably do not get paid enough.

I mean, we all know examples of BAD teachers, cops, social workers and yeah REFS, who don't deserve what they get paid, much less a raise, but in general, how many better qualified people might aspire to be cops and teachers and social workers AND YEAH, refs, if they got paid more?

I mean, knowing what the people who determine what refs and cops and teachers and social workers make has anything to do with it, we should all agree that the people filling those jobs are not making enough money. Why should they care about how good of a job they do???

Ok, they could care simply out of principle, lol, but how many people do you know that care only about principles???

So why do we expect so much out of our refs? I mean, I hate crappy refs, but how can we expect much more??? Refs are NEVER, EVER, EVER the good guy, they are either forgotten or hated.

Nick Ward is 3rd in the conference in blocks per game and averages 1.75 fouls per game in B1G play.

Lynch is averaging 4.5 fouls per game.

Physical defense does not equal fouling every 5 minutes. Stop excusing it. It's bad discipline.

51 blocks to 40. 5th in the nation to 30th.

Bob Seger said it best when he said "Turn the Page". Movin on.

Ok, you're right. I'd rather he foul out of every game. Seems better that way.

The point is.....we need him to play physical. He's won us a few games by protecting the rim. Sure....he needs to work on cleaning up the fouls.....but he's going to pick some up.

Terrible offensive performance. Way too much individual play, especially in the first half. Thought we would come out with more energy since we choked the first meeting away. Guys looked like they didn't even want to be there.

Its actually funny reading comments from some of you. Hey thats just minnesota culture right? Something goes wrong once this season, and it sounds like we just lost in the national championship game. This team will be fine!

I will state this again, but coffey needs to demand the ball and be more aggressive. I know he's only a freshman, but he's our difference maker. No reason Coffey should go a whole game putting up 5 shots.

Really? An overrated chant? lulz

No doubt. Especially from a team that was ranked in the top 15 in the preseason.

So frustrating to watch the Gophers struggle so much. Shots weren't dropping at all. But MSU played exceptionally well. Great on D and they were hitting everything. I realize Bridges is really good, but he played by far the best game I've seen him play. Time to focus on PSU.

Sorry, but imo, Pitino was NOT on the hotseat, and it could be argued that he has exceeded expectations so far this season.

So who on earth before the season started can claim they thought the Gophers would win their ROAD game vs MSU this season????

I think this could be the BEST time of the year for everyone one of our players to have a bad game or close to it.

Hey, we won the 2nd half. Not a huge victory, but vs MSU, on the road, who knows?

Top Bottom