***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA JUST FIND A WAY TO WIN THIS GAME THREAD!!!***

We are so undisciplined. Very hard to team to watch. Typical P.J. Playing not to lose on both field goal drives we need to at least attempt to get a first down on the 3rd down. These Iowa games feel the same every single year
I mean Iowa is doing the same thing.

I am just baffled by what the hell that was. Now you have to punt into the wind to the best punt returner in the nation. I am so lost at what the hell fleck is thinking during the game.
Either decide you’re going to try and score or just kneel down. They drive was a big WTF? Even PJ can’t decide himself what the hell he wants to do.

NEVER in my 41 years of Gopher fandom have I seen a less disciplined team that does everything they can do to not win football games.
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS PROGRAM???

Their heads are NEVER in the game.

People wonder how Iowa wins with their crap offense....this is how:

Iowa Turnover leads to a missed field goal
Iowa then pins us at the 1 which leads to a 3 and out and a short punt into the wind
D whiffs on multiple sacks and commits multiple stupid penalties to hand them a TD and the lead.

It is what Iowa does better than pretty much any team in the country....they let you shoot yourself in the foot and our players have been more than happy to oblige.

Still a winnable game but good lord can't afford to play stupid like that....

For those who are waiting for gopher hoops, GI sounds like they got worked today in the scrimmage.

A missed 45 yard FG into a 40 mph wind is about 79 on list of "tone setters"
No the tone setter was the play prior to that. If Kaliakmanis was allowed to keep the ball instead of the same predictable handoff we have been doing for five years, he would have walked into the end zone. Opponents know that we will never allow that so collapse on the runner up the middle. Our offense is less creative and capable than Ferentz's kid's!

Our QB has less than 10 yards of passing and the defense just gave them their only TD. We are the better team but trail on the scoreboard. Yeah, looks like a typical Gopher-Iowa Game to me.
What’s the record for fewest yards in a half?
We have GOT to get a better QB during the portal season. We really suck right now.

2 Weeks of preparation for this?
This is what I keep saying in my head, over and over. Two weeks of prep and this is what we came up with. Just fucking brutal coaching.

Iowa then pins us at the 1 which leads to a 3 and out and a short punt into the wind
D whiffs on multiple sacks and commits multiple stupid penalties to hand them a TD and the lead.

It is what Iowa does better than pretty much any team in the country....they let you shoot yourself in the foot and our players have been more than happy to oblige.

You know this going in, and still let it happen.

Exactly, blame the coaches, blame the play calling. But it’s on the players and has been for several of the Iowa losses.

true, but Iowa had little to do with any of it.

we missed the field goal, we committed all the penalties. They didn't do schit

Either decide you’re going to try and score or just kneel down. They drive was a big WTF? Even PJ can’t decide himself what the hell he wants to do.
I’m convinced there’s some kind of weird clause in Fleck’s contract that says he has to run the ball on the first play of every hurry up situation.

You know when I knew the game was lost and put money on Iowa because why not get some joy out of today? When prissy Fleck ran it on 3rd and 5 to try a 43 yard field goal into a stiff wind. That’s when I knew it was easy money over. Coach like a scared a little boy, get the results.

Fleck has NO passing game without Ciarocca. 2 years of evidence now.

It should be unacceptable for a coach to lead to so many consecutive losses against our rivals.

Fleck wasn't taking over for Brewster -- he was taking over a well-developed program from the Kill-era.

The mess you see before you today is what Fleck has turned our program into.

Now we know why the buzz phrase for this year is "Poise" 'cuz we ain't got it.

Where is the AK from the Wisky game? He played loose and threw gems all over the field. Bring him back, we need him.
This is a really good question. The only thing that I can think of, is his QB coach has changed and perhaps that isn’t meshing like everyone wanted.

Story of game at half: worst QB in P5, Deacon Hill, is 7-13-96; Athan is an incredible 3-6-8. Crooms is dropping balls into his hand. We’ve got to have someone better. TEs again missing in action. We need 6 scholarship RBs on offense at least, to account for injuries, if this is our passing game. On the other hand, It would be tied if our defense didn’t gift Iowa a TD on 4 consecutive plays. Can we adjust in second half??? Go Gophers.

Y’all can blame Athan all you want but the play calling and play design has been HORRID and has done nothing but hurt him. Unless a coaching change happens, I can’t imagine anyone else would be better.

3/8 passing for 8 yards. The ineptitude is so bad it’s actually quite remarkable. How anybody can put together a passing game so bad and expect to win football games in the year 2023 is beyond me. Iowa’s is just as bad, but they have elite D and special teams to mask it better.

What’s the record for fewest yards in a half?
oh....I am thinking about 8 yards ....lol.

Let's see how they come me out in the 2nd half. Do they come out pissed and put a beating on or do they fold up and call it quits.

We ARE the better team. But this is just brutal to watch!

Top Bottom