***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA JUST FIND A WAY TO WIN THIS GAME THREAD!!!***

You can’t make two motions:

1. A valid or invalid fair catch signal deprives the receiving team of the opportunity to advance the ball. The ball is declared dead at the spot of the catch or recovery or at the spot of the signal if the catch precedes the signal.
  2. If

You can’t make two motions:

1. A valid or invalid fair catch signal deprives the receiving team of the opportunity to advance the ball. The ball is declared dead at the spot of the catch or recovery or at the spot of the signal if the catch precedes the signal.
  2. If
He was doing so all game too

He was doing so all game too
I’ve never seen a guy waving his arms around in circles above his shoulder to tell teammates to stay away from the ball. In fact, not sure I’ve ever seen anyone not wave their hands and arms low in front of them. He got caught cheating. I’m still stunned he actually got caught.

I’m not even sure how this can be debated. That was an invalid fair catch signal. Dead ball. It is a rule and hardly the first time I have seen a return called back for something like that. If you are going to implement a bunch of rules to protect the returner, then the returner has to play by those rules too.

To me it didn't look like he was waving it, that it was more arm moving to run over to the ball and see if it could be returned. Again will say I'm glad they called it the way they did.

Please...

He is great, and the kid that we have committed but could be tough to keep from Esko is just like him.
He’s a high school senior has never played a down of D1 football. How do you compare him to one of the best return guys in the country?

Any word on what happened to Taylor? I didn't realize he was injured but assumed he was when the Gophs ended the game with Tyler playing.

Extend PJ! Gophers beat Iowa! Yay!
I think if we lose to Ohio State and beat Wisconsin that Iowa likely will win the West.
All they have left is NW, Rutgers, Ill, and Neb
The thing is, they're not big favorites in any of those games. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose multiple games the rest of the way!

The chicken hawks had 11 yards rushing per ESPN. Not too shabby. Of course when their QB is in as good shape as I am, they didn't need to focus on much else.
This is the same rushing attack that diced up wi pretty good! Very impressed with the D this game! Thankfully, they didn't need to be too concerned about the passing game.

The thing is, they're not big favorites in any of those games. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose multiple games the rest of the way!
Iowa is like Wisconsin in basketball...how do they keep winning? They do. The score was 12 to 10 and I agree Iowa looked miserable....but it was 12 to 10 and we needed a booth review to go our way to win. I'll be surprised if they lose to those teams, but ya they sure don't look very good and it seems like they should drop a couple. Just don't think they will.

Why was he waving his left hand and arm like that if not to signal a fair catch and save time? The question I have is what was said at half time for a different Gopher team to come out? AK looked different the second half until Fleck shut him down.
I realize many have answered this, but if you want the actual rule, see the one I circled:
IMG_0863.jpeg

Last edited:

I realize many have answered this, but if you want the actual rule, see the one I circled:
View attachment 27837
Wow, thanks. I've seen the actual rule posted multiple times, but this guidance is clear as day. Anyone who says "it's never called" is just whining. It's a rule, refs are expected to know all these scenarios, and it was enforced correctly.

Top Bottom