***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

good gosh matt millen loves talking about the good ol days. now hes' dropping john riggins comments. talk about irrelevant.

To make matters worse he couldn't remember any of the points that Riggens made, he just "whatever Riggens talked about...Smith has that."

Our offense really taking it to this Illinois defense. Just think, if we can drive almost 50 yards against Illinois, we should dominate NW, NE, and WI. I can't wait! So explosive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are so mad that Leidner keeps throwing into coverage. Guess what, they're all covered, all of the time.

That's not totally true. He'll often ignore the underneath guys and throw into coverage. The underneath guys beat one man we have a first down or get close and can try for a fourth down conversion. He's got to make those reads.

I think one of the problems with the kicking game is that we try to do much directional kicking. If you let Santoso and Carpenter just let it rip, they're fine.

"Vast improvement" for Jeff George Jr. over last week, although he only has 63 yards passing.

Just a couple weeks ago it was the gopherhole experts wondering why Barber and Winfeild Jr were losing their redshirts...think we again can say that the coaches know more than the experts here.

People are so mad that Leidner keeps throwing into coverage. Guess what, they're all covered, all of the time.

Agree with the tight coverage due to our WRs unable to get separation. It's throwing into the double coverage that Mitch does on a fairly regular basis that drives people nuts and makes folks mad.

Our offense really taking it to this Illinois defense. Just think, if we can drive almost 50 yards against Illinois, we should dominate NW, NE, and WI. I can't wait! So explosive.

Yah, the mean road graders are really doing their job...

With the ball and three minutes left in the half, the Gopher offense runs out the clock.

Just a couple weeks ago it was the gopherhole experts wondering why Barber and Winfeild Jr were losing their redshirts...think we again can say that the coaches know more than the experts here.

Who was saying that?

Lets just see which of the two coaches makes the better adjustments...

Passing plays over 35 yards for the Gophers this season, 0. Ranked 128 out of 128 teams.

It was pretty obvious why Winfield is playing. He should have been playing sooner. #PSU

A lot of that has to do with playcalling, constantly calling between the tackle runs will do us
no good. I would love to see McCrary in at tailback with smith and brooks rotating at wing,
and putting them in motion every play switching between McCrary up the middle and those
two on the outside. Change it up a little bit, but that's not the Jay Johnson way,
although he came here promising that...........

I don't think the burning of redshirts on individual guys is the issue. The problem is these guys are better than the guys that have been here two or three years. My main frustration with the Kill/Claeys regime is that after five years, we're still forced to play freshmen. That's not a winning formula.

A lot of that has to do with playcalling, constantly calling between the tackle runs will do us
no good. I would love to see McCrary in at tailback with smith and brooks rotating at wing,
and putting them in motion every play switching between McCrary up the middle and those
two on the outside. Change it up a little bit, but that's not the Jay Johnson way,
although he came here promising that...........

Anything so spread the D line just a bit.

I would blame the play calling more than the O line. MN clearly a much more talented team and we're struggling. 2 gifts by Illinois.

I would blame the play calling more than the O line. MN clearly a much more talented team and we're struggling. 2 gifts by Illinois.

Its both, but there have to be more "wins" on the line.

It is really frustrating that Johnson will not help the passing game out at all. Run some freakin play-action. We are getting some really successful runs. But you have to mix in some pass. Play-action this team to death. The play to woli was barely even a fake and we had our best pass of the day. It makes no sense to me. Make up for our lack of passing talent with a bit of deception.

Our coaches don't trust a 5th year QB to run a two minute drill against one of the worst teams in the big ten. That speaks volumes.

Te Winfield situation similar to the late recognition that Wolitarsky has no business fielding punts. Muffs first punt return at home, well just bad luck I guess. We've got nobody else I guess. Muffs a second one and nearly costs us the game vs Rutgers if not for a heroic defensive stand. Among other coaches, Pete Carroll was famous for benching anyone that screwed up for a series.

My guess is that Mich won't get drafted till the 4rd round now, if this play keeps up.

Our coaches don't trust a 5th year QB to run a two minute drill against one of the worst teams in the big ten. That speaks volumes.
Or maybe they don't trust the offensive line or receivers.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

My guess is that Mich won't get drafted till the 4rd round now, if this play keeps up.

When he has dropped back, he's had nooooo time, and no one is open.... I'd call more roll outs for him, but we wont.

Top Bottom