***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Our coaches don't trust a 5th year QB to run a two minute drill against one of the worst teams in the big ten. That speaks volumes.

Didnt he do exactly that vs Rutgers?....

I am convinced Mitch is hurt and they are keeping him out there. His mobility is not the same.

Really hope the coaching amps it up this half. We have not adjusted well this season so far.

It is really frustrating that Johnson will not help the passing game out at all. Run some freakin play-action. We are getting some really successful runs. But you have to mix in some pass. Play-action this team to death. The play to woli was barely even a fake and we had our best pass of the day. It makes no sense to me. Make up for our lack of passing talent with a bit of deception.

Yes, wish they'd get Johnson involved. They DO run play action, just not successfully. Problem is the fake handoffs are pretty lousy, probably because the D-Line often ignores that fake and heads for Leidner. The RB who's being faked too usually ends-up having to set a block, not helping the deception.

Unless the OL starts to do their job, nothing good is gonna happen. Few wholes to run through and QB sacks and hurries. The later means no deep throws because there is no time to set them up. Which leads to shorter routes and Leidner zoning-in on a receiver because he's about to be hit or sees it coming.

Dammit.

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet

ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player

ARTICLE 4. No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area

A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground

Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Ok a good stop by the D.. Let's see what adjustments have been made for the O.

Special teams coordinator should be on the hot seat after this season

Thank goodness we got that one back. Gotta make something of it

That's where Mitch's form is poor. Wolitarsky was open on an easy slant. Should have been pitch-and-catch.

Nice throw and great run after the catch!

Thataway Mitch and Woli- and nice design by JJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't a perfect drive but some nice plays and Smith runs into the endzone. Nice series overall.

It is really frustrating that Johnson will not help the passing game out at all. Run some freakin play-action. We are getting some really successful runs. But you have to mix in some pass. Play-action this team to death. The play to woli was barely even a fake and we had our best pass of the day. It makes no sense to me. Make up for our lack of passing talent with a bit of deception.

And here again is a redshirt that could have been retained for all the action he's seeing. But as per usual, Gentry is banged up, Gant quits, and Melvin Holland, Jr., doesn't see the field so we are forced to throw Johnson in there.

" He runs where his eyes take him " lol MM. You mean he has a runners good vision. If Mitch Is hurt I do not think he would be calling his own # in those RUTM plays.

They've tried play action a few times leading to Mitch getting sacked and constant pressure by their left tackle because Calhoun can't handle pass blocking duties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big offensive series coming up... good chance to pull away.

Top Bottom