***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Would love to see the stats on targeting ejections this year. If we're not in the top 5 I'd be shocked.

We can piss and moan about the rule all we want - I think it's way too black and white, personally - but if we're getting called for it damn near every week and other teams aren't, it seems they figured out how to coach players not to commit the penalty and we haven't.
Most targeting calls are on defenseless wideouts going to the middle of the field.

How many passes to wideouts between the hashes do we have this year?

Has to be a defenseless player. One of the more head-scratching aspects of the rule.

Most targeting calls are on defenseless wideouts going to the middle of the field.

How many passes to wideouts between the hashes do we have this year?

I mean generally, not calls specifically against teams playing us. Plenty of teams pass over the middle.

we love penalties on ourselves.

Holding was really unnecessary by Moore there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come that wasn't targeting?

It was. Or at least spearing?

"Tackling or otherwise contacting an opponent with one's helmet. (This technique is illegal because of the risk of neck injuries to the tackler.)"

I wonder what the NCAA average of teams converting the first down after a holding penalty, and what our success rate is. I imagine it's low for both, but it seems like we would just be better off punting after a holding penalty.

Targeting on tackle on wolitarsky if the hit by McGhee was targeting. Be consistent.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Are we 100% sure Rodney Smith isn't just David Cobb in disguise?

that was not a good punt by santoso. only 10 yards

Does anyone know if Peter Mortell has an 18 year old kid that can punt?

that was not a good punt by santoso. only 10 yards

I was surprised to see his season average is just over 41 yards. He sometimes tries to hard to place the ball and forgets to kick it.

If there was a hit like Duke's on a Gopher, we all would be screaming about it. No doubt about the call. That's why they put in the rule to try to minimize these types of hits that can lead to major neurological issues.

Wow....that was a terrible punt by Santoso.....does he have the yips or something? Clearly it isn't a leg strength issue but his punting has gone way downhill as the season has progressed.

At least we aren't wasting a scholarship on Santoso or anything.

I'm surprised at how much Carpenter improved to overtake him as the kicker. Carpenter was always kicking shanks in warm ups last year and now he's a stud.

Our OC just love to run into a stacked box, doesn't he?
Special teams have given us this game on a plate, and he can do nothing to add....

Apparently Jeff George can throw into the wind, holy cow.

Top Bottom