***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Receiver bent down a bit on that catch. Tough break.

I don't understand what the defender is supposed to do there.

Can't disagree with the call. It's getting pretty tough to hit hard though.

We have to lead the country in targeting penalties, right? This is completely ridiculous. And given other teams don't have the same issue, I'm guessing it's coachable.

I didn't think that was targeting either. No launch and just put helmet into chest and then receiver lowered his head.

So, so undisciplined. It drives me ****ing CRAZY.

Silly. The WR ducked at last second. Nothing McGee could do. These targeting calls are going to happen no matter how "disciplined" the defender is.

Over/under points in college games will be 100 in 10 years.

Tough call on the targeting issue. I just think we need an incidental versus malicious like they used to have for facemasks. That wasn't launching into a player, it was a collision where the offensive player lowered his head too...almost impossible to avoid without simply not trying to takle the receiver.

Go to his knees before hitting? The receiver wasn't exactly standing straight up.
Receiver wasn't defensless. Legal hit. Embarrassing call by the refs.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Go to his knees before hitting? The receiver wasn't exactly standing straight up.

Head up. Wrap him up.

Not leading with your head to make a highlight real. Players will figure it out eventually.

Duke has to stay on his feet there and he also has to defend himself.

Hard position.

please try to explain how that hit was duke's fault? the receiver lowered his head into his. there was literally nothing he could do

I agree 100%. It was a bang bang play. Duke would have to have literally crawled to the receiver to avoid hitting him in the head, since the reciever lowered his head prior to impact. it is getting to where tackling on pass plays should be two hand touch. that will eliminate all tackling

The Inconsistencies in the targeting rule and calling Will ruin college football.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tough call on the targeting issue. I just think we need an incidental versus malicious like they used to have for facemasks. That wasn't launching into a player, it was a collision where the offensive player lowered his head too...almost impossible to avoid without simply not trying to takle the receiver.
This.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Receiver wasn't defensless. Legal hit. Embarrassing call by the refs.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

You're kidding right. Clearly helmet to helmet and it wasn't even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This only means Ayinde will give up a TD....maybe 2

Not tackle with your helmet.

Honestly, it looked like he was aiming to hit Turner(?) in the chest. Then Turner lowered his helmet and that's where the blow was struck. Slow motion gives the impression that McGhee had a chance to avoid the contact. He didn't and this is coming from a guy who thought that most of the previous targeting calls against the Gophers have been correct.

Players knees were pretty much on the ground when he made the tackle.

They need to end ejections. People are not intending to target. Make it a 25 yard penalty or something but if the player isn't trying to target it shouldn't be an ejection.

Our guy went low. Had his hands in front of him. Had his knees on the ground. Hit him with the head. As written correct call. Rule needs to change imo to judge intent. As a coach, I would tell the defender to do the same thing. Go low, have hands in front.

Unfortunate for both guys involved

You're kidding right. Clearly helmet to helmet and it wasn't even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was facemask to facemask, the crown (targeting) starts above the facemask....

Top Bottom