***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Yeah Daniels body language not a great sign. I'm not convinced he's any better than Sam Freeman. Would have liked to see more Thiam, thought he got to the hoop with ease twice in the first half. Let's not bury Thompson on the bench the next few games. Great comeback

Yeah Daniels body language not a great sign. I'm not convinced he's any better than Sam Freeman. Would have liked to see more Thiam, thought he got to the hoop with ease twice in the first half. Let's not bury Thompson on the bench the next few games. Great comeback
I wouldn't read too much into Daniels. He's played plenty and been fine. He's a back-up that should be play 5-10 minutes/game. Thompson should start if Curry is out. Period.

Watch the last 3 mins... Willis took the wind out of the sail.

Well, that's a big bummer. Still signs of life but we got to get a couple wins here.

I am referring to todays game, I have liked what I have seen so far this season from this team. In my humble opinion the first half of this game was embarrassing.
We didn’t play well the first half. It was frustrating to see since we’ve played at a high level most of the season. Embarrassing it was not.

Thompson is a true freshman, right?

I'd rather redshirt him.

This season means nothing. It's just trying to get through it.

Can he be redshirted or did he redshirt last year?

A few more FT's and we might have pulled it out.

He doesn't go straight up. He brings the ball back for some reason.
Because in the first couple Big games he got absolutely demolished with no foul called so he’s taken a different approach since then and it’s impacted his ability to make anything.

Dug ourselves into too big of hole early with the turnovers in the first half. Missing Curry and Sutherlin blows.
K Murray is really fucking good.
On to Penn State.

So we didn't win. That sucks.
I was pleased to see the solid minutes that Thompson gave us. Our zone threw off Iowa and we fought back. A couple bounces and we are within a point with 2 minutes to go. Who thought that could be possible when we were down by over 20 points in the 2nd half.
We lost. Yet, I saw a bit of hope for next season. I like watching this team compete. Next up. Can't wait to watch.

Because in the first couple Big games he got absolutely demolished with no foul called so he’s taken a different approach since then and it’s impacted his ability to make anything.
Might be it. He needs to reverse course on that.

Thompson absolutely needs to get more playing time this season. There is no reason Daniels should be taking his minutes.
It was really starting to piss me off, got a stiff like Daniels getting minutes and a guy with a boat load of talent sitting on the bench, Thompson's got a ways to go but sky's the limit, develop it, throw him in and let him sink or swim, he'll be miles ahead next year.

Ihenen and Fox are not posts. Payne will help inside. They have to develop Thompson for next year when they become a much younger team.

Seems like a decent game to have all those recruits at. Severely undermanned and we gave a much better team a game there… easy to see not only the path to playing time but also what we are trying to build here.
I do think overall it was great to see the crowd really get into it late when the boys came alive. Most important for recruits for sure.

It was really starting to piss me off, got a stiff like Daniels getting minutes and a guy with a boat load of talent sitting on the bench, Thompson's got a ways to go but sky's the limit, develop it, throw him in and let him sink or swim, he'll be miles ahead next year.
Even if his skills are no better than Daniels, give me the 7 footer.

Man, that missed dunk was tough. Liked the play from Willis.
If that dunk goes down, we are down 2, and the barn is going bonkers. Teams feed off dunks, too.

I'd have loved to see the dunk go down and watch the finish.

On the other hand, one can make the case that you have to lay it in there. He was in the clear.

Love the effort after Thompson came in. I hope the players and coaches all learned something even though they lost.honmp
++
Makes one wonder about what goes on in practice. I assume that Thompson shows up not ready for prime time. But if he showed up like he did today, then he should have seen the court.

Thompson will only get better as he gets stronger. The cats out of the bag now and we should see more of TT down the stretch.

Wow, its like we just had a 7 foot center do a mid season transfer to help us out.

Top Bottom