***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It was really starting to piss me off, got a stiff like Daniels getting minutes and a guy with a boat load of talent sitting on the bench, Thompson's got a ways to go but sky's the limit, develop it, throw him in and let him sink or swim, he'll be miles ahead next year.
See above.

Again, can't TT be redshirted?

Ihenen and Fox are not posts. Payne will help inside. They have to develop Thompson for next year when they become a much younger team.

I think we do see Fox play some 5 next year, how much? who knows but they probably will mix and match depending on matchups. He's not going to be a floor spacer so they'll need to be creative at times

I don't think they have the same rule in college hoops as football. Plus, Thompson has already played in at least 4-5 games
I thought they put in the rule a couple of years ago that you could play up to 8 games and still retain your redshirt. I could be wrong on that. I know they were talking about it.

If so, redshirt him. This season means nothing. Play him as many as allowed and then that's it.

If there is no redshirt rule, then never mind.

I thought they put in the rule a couple of years ago that you could play up to 8 games and still retain your redshirt. I could be wrong on that. I know they were talking about it.

If so, redshirt him. This season means nothing. Play him as many as allowed and then that's it.

You can redshirt if you have played in less than 30% of the teams games. But that is only for injury.

Once a player has entered into a game, he cannot redshirt for strictly developmental purposes.

I know there was talk of it, but I guess I never saw that it was finalized.

Not to mention at the moment we kind of don't have enough of a roster to redshirt him.

in the postgame interview, Johnson was talking about Thompson's development.
bullet points -
-- physically not ready to play the post; needs to get a lot stronger
-- great attitude, works hard in practice, doesn't get down.
-- coaches have been telling him that it's going to come together for him
-- he is a 7-footer who right now is more of a 4 than a 5. issue is with defending 4's vs 5's

Not to mention at the moment we kind of don't have enough of a roster to redshirt him.
Sure we do. We could have played the last 10 minutes without him.

I still think you can redshirt if you play just a few games, but I can't find anything one way or the other.

Sure we do. We could have played the last 10 minutes without him.

I still think you can redshirt if you play just a few games, but I can't find anything one way or the other.
It's January, they aren't going to redshirt him at this point in the season. Especially since there's a decent chance he starts if Curry is still out next game.

And it’s usually not worth it in basketball anyways. No offense to Thompson, but I hope in the 3-4 years we’re recruiting better talent. No reason to have a scholarship tied up for another year.
Of course it's an offense to Thompson. A true freshman helped get us back from being down by over 20 points, helping out on both ends of the court and you write this weak ass post.
Honestly, I trust your opinion on this matter about as much as I trusted PJ Fleck's goalie skills in hockey.1572383913_08_1009872324_10UFOT103019.jpg

Nice fight to get back in the game. Really....having a heavy contributor and starter in Curry out....as well as the first guy off the bench in Sutherlin out.....it's incredible that the Gophers fought back the way they did. The starters were drained.

Get Curry and Sutherlin healthy and we will start winning some of these Big Ten games.

Again...nice crowd at the Barn. Guys got a well deserved round of applause at the end. Enough fans know that this team is playing from behind the eight ball and are still managing to keep things interesting.

Of course it's an offense to Thompson. A true freshman helped get us back from being down by over 20 points, helping out on both ends of the court and you write this weak ass post.
Honestly, I trust your opinion on this matter about as much as I trusted PJ Fleck's goalie skills in hockey.View attachment 16523
What was I thinking posting an opinion on a message board. Only facts allowed going forward.

But you actually kinda proved my point as well. He can help us now so redshirting him makes zero sense.

Lets skip all talk of Redshirting him. With Thompson playing like he did today we have the depth and talent to be a tournament team. We should not be saving anything for next year. Lets go to the Big Dance!

Lets skip all talk of Redshirting him. With Thompson playing like he did today we have the depth and talent to be a tournament team. We should not be saving anything for next year. Lets go to the Big Dance!
Also…unless he gets injured he can’t redshirt.

If he can play....he shouldn't redshirt. That's all there is to it.

Go to the dance. What????

It was really starting to piss me off, got a stiff like Daniels getting minutes and a guy with a boat load of talent sitting on the bench, Thompson's got a ways to go but sky's the limit, develop it, throw him in and let him sink or swim, he'll be miles ahead next year.
I think now is the perfect time to play TT more. Although I wouldn’t play him over Daniels, rather I would play him along side him to give us more rebounding and scoring ability inside along with better D (not by a lot) from Daniels.

Top Bottom