***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
It’s time to win again. I miss winning. No better team than Iowa to get our W back against. Sure hope Curry is back, because we need him and because he’s been through way too much in his career, he deserves an ovation.

Excited for this game. I hate Iowa.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be interesting to see how we perform short handed (presumably). Hoping to be surprised!

Well we are gonna see a lot of Treyton Thompson at least! And Thiam and Ramberg I'm guessing. Wow this game might be brutal though.

Well we are gonna see a lot of Treyton Thompson at least! And Thiam and Ramberg I'm guessing. Wow this game might be brutal though.
I’m ready for it. Despite the surprising competitive play, my interest in this season has never been anything other than the future. It’s been tough for me to watch a 23 yo lineup and gauge where we will be in 2-3 years.

I knew we didn’t have a chance against Iowa but I saw enough from the team to give me hope for next year. I don’t care if we lose every game as long as we try.

I’m ready for it. Despite the surprising competitive play, my interest in this season has never been anything other than the future. It’s been tough for me to watch a 23 yo lineup and gauge where we will be in 2-3 years.
Don't think today will help in that regard either. There's a solid chance Thompson and Thiam aren't in the lineup next year either.

A little bit like 1986 versus Iowa. Time for a victory by an undermanned squad.

This is a concern we share. I have enjoyed this team honestly but it’s not really indicative of where the program will be in a few years. I do like the attitudes, defense, etc that is being shown.

B1G rules say you need at least 7 scholarship players and 1 coach available. Gophers have 7 scholarship players, 1 walk-on, and 2 coaches available, so they do not meet the criteria to declare a postponement or forfeit.

now, I assume Curry is out with the ankle. So the question is whether Sutherlin, Ogele and Kern are out with another injury or covid. I assume the two ass't coaches are both covid.

If Sutherlin is covid, he may not be available next Wednesday either, depending on when the 5-day count started.

Not that its been a major issue this year, but staying out of foul trouble is obviously going to be critical today with such little depth available.

I'm a worrier. I worry that all these recruits are gonna grade the gophers on the results today.

Fran’s face was heating up there for a bit.

Top Bottom