***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The players will be different, but where this program will be is in a better spot. You can see how Coach J wants to play and what type of players he’s looking. We’re not deep right now, but will be in the future. I look at it as imagine if we had 3 more guys in the Stephens,Willis, Curry mold. We’d be a tough much up for anyone. It shows this year, we just don’t have a bench to continue the great play we’ve seen out of the starter…yet. We will in the coming years.
I just think a team full of upper class men is really hard to replicate. Look at Michigans roster last year. Similar type of deal but with a higher end talent and more depth. I think they had 9 seniors/grad transfers.

This passing is an embarrassment. whyowa is not a good defensive team.

It will be interesting to see what Ben can do to rally the troops for the second half. If we see more of the same that is not a good sign. Take care of the ball, take good shots, play smart defense, leave it on the court.
Rebound, don't give up second chance points, defense generally requires a certain level of athleticism, boxing out and not giving that second chance is all about effort, not giving it today.

Can someone help explain to me why the gophers are playing today with no one and Illinois couldn’t play against Minnesota and was able to postpone the game. I don’t follow it closely, but I know Covid was involved with the postponement and it was in the Illinois team not Minnesota.
Rule is you have to have 7 scholarship players available. Minnesota has 7 today.

On the day of the Illinois/Minnesota game, Illinois had four players available: Frazier, Grandison, Podziemski, Lieb. The five day wait ended two days later and all were cleared.

Looks the the half time pep talk is not working!

The status of the bb program is today is ultimately the responsibility of M Coyle with assists to the UofM administration, previous athletic directors and coaches. Easy to see that B Johnson is far superior in-game head coach than Pitino, but if the team still lose, does it matter? Looks like this season could turn into the ultimate example of "falling off a cliff". Go-Gophers!

Who is the whiny bitch announcing? Trying to sound like VItale?

Not a great adversity test for Ben here today. I’ll feel better when Thorson is back on the bench with him.

It’s always disappointing when the team isn’t prepared to play. That is coaching IMO.

The status of the bb program is today is ultimately the responsibility of M Coyle with assists to the UofM administration, previous athletic directors and coaches. Easy to see that B Johnson is far superior in-game head coach than Pitino, but if the team still lose, does it matter? Looks like this season could turn into the ultimate example of "falling off a cliff". Go-Gophers!
Yes it matters, Pitino never had a roster like this

On Thompson - correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they changed the redshirt rule for hoops so that you could play 6 or 8 games and not lose a year of eligibility. If that's right, then maybe that's the reason why Thompson isn't playing.

If Thompson wasn't a Minnesota kid, Johsnon wouldn't have reoffered

Play Thiam and Thompson the rest of this game. Daniels is an automatic turnover if he dribbles and Willis is playing like crap.

Welp, this looks like a route. I will go on to watch Andrew Wiggins get called an MVP candidate as he drops 50 on us tonight too. Sadness.

Thought Thiam looked good first half. Ramberg does nothing without the ball

Play Thiam and Thompson the rest of this game. Daniels is an automatic turnover if he dribbles and Willis is playing like crap.
Daniel’s standing right under the net to get all the balls that fall thru

Top Bottom