***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Boy these efforts at home have been really inspiring to the crowd this year. There is no excuse for this performance. Just cause a couple guys are out doesn’t mean everyone has to play lazy and uninspired.

As noted, this shows how important Curry is to this team - on the floor and for leadership. Not the same team without him - especially on the defensive boards.

Boy these efforts at home have been really inspiring to the crowd this year. There is no excuse for this performance. Just cause a couple guys are out doesn’t mean everyone has to play lazy and uninspired.
The short handed team is even more short handed today and without a couple of coaches... I am sure that they are running on fumes physically AND psychologically.

Very little resistance. Not great effort. Does a feel a bit like they are feeling bad for themselves for missing coaches/players.

Not sure if I can hang around for the 2nd half here today.

Very little resistance. Not great effort. Does a feel a bit like they are feeling bad for themselves for missing coaches/players.

Not sure if I can hang around for the 2nd half here today.
My thoughts exactly. Not a very impressive display for the recruits in attendance.

We will see what the second half brings but I fear we have developed the loser's mentality. What made this team awesome was that they clearly believed they could win any game. Losing teams start believing they can't win and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we get into that funk, it is extremely hard to climb out of it.

First time Thompson has looked discouraged all season. Come on Ben, you couldn't give him 4 minutes there?

UGH! I hate it when Iowa’s better than us.

Timberwolves beat the Celtics a few weeks ago when they had 3 starters and we had none. There is no excuse to come out this flat. So many turnovers, giving up offensive boards, missing free throws. You have 7 players Ben, play all 7 in each half

That was an uninspired mess of a 1st half. The Gophers tenacity and fight are two of the qualities that have made them interesting and both are missing today. Hope they regroup and find a spark for the 2nd half.

So they couldn’t even give 10 quality minutes?
They had the lead for the first few minutes. We all knew that this team would have some clunkers due to being thin without any depth. Throw in Curry's injury and the unexpected absences and I am not surprised that they are a off their game.

So this is what it looks like when a B1G team plays against mid major transfers.

This is a concern we share. I have enjoyed this team honestly but it’s not really indicative of where the program will be in a few years. I do like the attitudes, defense, etc that is being shown.
The players will be different, but where this program will be is in a better spot. You can see how Coach J wants to play and what type of players he’s looking. We’re not deep right now, but will be in the future. I look at it as imagine if we had 3 more guys in the Stephens,Willis, Curry mold. We’d be a tough much up for anyone. It shows this year, we just don’t have a bench to continue the great play we’ve seen out of the starter…yet. We will in the coming years.

Just 27 points in a half against Iowa is pretty bad.

Without a doubt the most frustrating half of the year, Illinois score was worse but they're just a flat better team. I'm trying to stay positive but it's getting harder as the B1G keeps eating us up.

Daniels is the perfect example of a guy who is good in 8-10 min but a full game...yikes
As long as they try we don’t care if they ever win.

First time Thompson has looked discouraged all season. Come on Ben, you couldn't give him 4 minutes there?
Horrible coaching, no better than Pitino. It's going to be a 30 point blowout. and he won't see the floor. Who cares if it is a 30 or 50 point loss at this point. Better to get younger guys excited about the future than continue with this crap.

Can someone help explain to me why the gophers are playing today with no one and Illinois couldn’t play against Minnesota and was able to postpone the game. I don’t follow it closely, but I know Covid was involved with the postponement and it was in the Illinois team not Minnesota.

It will be interesting to see what Ben can do to rally the troops for the second half. If we see more of the same that is not a good sign. Take care of the ball, take good shots, play smart defense, leave it on the court.

Top Bottom