***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MIZZOU CITRUS BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Wow. Outclassed today. Sorry B1G, we embarrassed the conference today

Players make mistakes. I don't blame them. The coaches played this game not to lose, and they lost. This is 100% on Kill in my opinion. I'll never blame Mitch for physical mistakes. Kill got absolutely owned today. Owned. He should be embarrassed.

Between yesterday's gag job from the basketball team and today's gag job from the football team, this has been a quintessential Gophers sports holiday, hasn't it?

Yep. It's one of the reasons I never expect good things from either team. If they somehow find a way to win meaningful games, I'm pleasantly surprised. The past two days have shown what the norm is for both programs.

After those 3 horrible throws by Mitch do you REALLY blame him? Honestly? This is what happens when Mitch *HAS* to throw... this is the Mitch we've seen for 2 years & we are letting box scores trick us when he hasn't been the focus this game. Mizz wanted to shut down Cobb & they're doing that. Now that Mizz is focused on Mitch seeing how down we are we are seeing the Mitch we always see...
Terrible coaching as well, it's possible to have a piss poor coaching performance with mistakes by QB as well.

can you say out coached? Stupid coaching the whole game...fuuuck

Funny thing is I thought we were better than them after watching the first half. They have completely destroyed us this half coupled with our own mistakes.

Yep. It's one of the reasons I never expect good things from either team. If they somehow find a way to win meaningful games, I'm pleasantly surprised. The past two days have shown what the norm is for both programs.

Had that feign when we were up 13.

This x 1000. Leidner, regardless of his mistakes, was trying to make plays. Defense was dead late in the game. At some point, you have to quit running it up the middles and zone reads. BTW - that sack ML took where Cobb was blocking was meant to be a screen pass. Nobody else blocked either.

Funny thing is I thought we were better than them after watching the first half. They have completely destroyed us this half coupled with our own mistakes.

Once they locked down our running game the offense was in a lot of trouble. Special teams absolutely killed us in this one though. Without all the special teams miscues we have a decent shot of winning the game. Very disappointing end of the first half and entire 2nd half.

Between yesterday's gag job from the basketball team and today's gag job from the football team, this has been a quintessential Gophers sports holiday, hasn't it?

Bad weekend to be a Gopher fan. How many times have I said that?

We are better than we played today. Our ST was a disappointment and Campbell missed some plays on defense. James must have been banged up before the jones muffed punt or else he would have been back there. And if Edwards makes that catch we might have scored to go ahead.

Jerry and his staff can't stack up against "the big boys". Ferentz' best days are behind him all the other top line coaches work us over every time. This is why $2 million isore than enough. He's not one of the big boys and if he doesn't look in the mirror like say his buddy at TCU did and change his approach against the elite teams they'll continue to piss pound us.

Players make mistakes. I don't blame them. The coaches played this game not to lose, and they lost. This is 100% on Kill in my opinion. I'll never blame Mitch for physical mistakes. Kill got absolutely owned today. Owned. He should be embarrassed.

I agree to a certain extent, but there's no excuse for Mitch's ball security issues. Those types of physical mistakes aren't acceptable.

Take your time, offense. You'll probably get the ball first in your next game.

Wow. Outclassed today. Sorry B1G, we embarrassed the conference today

Only in the coaching department, in my opinion. We were the better all around football team physically for 3.5 quarters.

Mentally, they destroyed us. Their coaches made ours look like morons.

It's sad because this Missouri team was RIPE to be taken to school early on. But then, the rest of the game happened.

We didn't deserve to win but we could have, really really disappointed.

Jerry and his staff can't stack up against "the big boys". Ferentz' best days are behind him all the other top line coaches work us over every time. This is why $2 million isore than enough. He's not one of the big boys and if he doesn't look in the mirror like say his buddy at TCU did and change his approach against the elite teams they'll continue to piss pound us.
On the positive at least he's not leaving any time soon.

Stop. Throwing. The. Ball. 3. Yards. There. Are. 2. Minutes. Left.

This game was very winnable & it sucks that Kill hasn't won a Bowl Game since being here but if fans can't see the constant progress I don't know what to tell them because Kill has always stood by his "Brick By Brick" motto & we keep progressing as a program, as a football culture & in the national limelight WITHOUT a Passing Game. We'll be ok. We won games we could've lost this season & lost games we should've won. Fun season.

Outcoached guys, outcoached. So dissapointed in the Coaching staff. Obviously there is a reason why Coach Kill is 0-3 in Bowl Games.

It's sad because this Missouri team was RIPE to be taken to school early on. But then, the rest of the game happened.

This reminded me a lot of the Wisconsin game. Clearly a better team out of the gate and then we make some mistakes to let the other team back in the game

So I assume all you folks are calling for Kill to be fired? He is a moron, can't stack up, etc.

Top Bottom