***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

No it wasn't. Only if you mostly pay attention to when the team is struggling.

Yes it was. We can't defend the perimeter at all. Hoping for the opposing team to miss wide open 3's isn't defense.

Wow, great reminder of why I rarely check in-game threads. Really brings out the intelligence of our fan base. We're down by 3 at half in arguably our second toughest game of conference play. WE SUCK!

Zero patience on here. There are runs in every single game. I'm glad there's a place for all these neurotic posters to biitch whenever Maryland makes a run or we make a stupid play. Really supportive and reasonable fans. I can't imagine it's very fun watching games with the kind of attitude of so many people on here.

Keep the defensive intensity up forcing some extra possessions then on O........when MO get's doubled, kick it out and knock down 46 percent of 3s and we winnnn

We should have just held the ball when we got it with 35 seconds. We turned it over and Maryland got that 2....:cool:

You guys are funny.

Defense tightened up considerably down the stretch. Need continued balls-out play in order to take this game. Turning point seemed to be when RP got in a couple guys faces during that one timeout. He practically snarled at them.

People love to bring up how bad Buggs is on D (hey the whole team is bad on D at times)- however, he is a weapon in the press. He didn't get any steals but the double on the press got Maryland out of sync and rushing. Pitino is going to have to find more length like Buggs has in future recruiting classes that size makes the press and the zone more difficult to play against.

12-8 PLUS / MINUS for Buggs in first half. Someone makes a 3 on him in that zone and Pitino pulls him.

12-8 PLUS / MINUS for Buggs in first half. Someone makes a 3 on him in that zone and Pitino pulls him.

He gets a raw deal. He was far from the only player out there that lost a shooter. Hopefully he gets generous minutes in the second half.

Wow, great reminder of why I rarely check in-game threads. Really brings out the intelligence of our fan base. We're down by 3 at half in arguably our second toughest game of conference play. WE SUCK!

Zero patience on here. There are runs in every single game. I'm glad there's a place for all these neurotic posters to biitch whenever Maryland makes a run or we make a stupid play. Really supportive and reasonable fans. I can't imagine it's very fun watching games with the kind of attitude of so many people on here.
I with you. I'll be signing off as soon as the second half starts.
I'm not sure why people are discouraged and ripping the players when we held them scoreless and caught up with one of the best programs in the country. I see this as a positive sign in a developing team. If you want perfection watch a professional team.
Oh but wait - someone still loses every game. This is unacceptable!

Yes it was. We can't defend the perimeter at all. Hoping for the opposing team to miss wide open 3's isn't defense.

If you haven't noticed....several of those open threes were the product of defensive pressure in the backcourt....which has managed to cause a few turnovers.

I love it when the doom and gloom crowd comes out of the woodwork when the team struggles.......and quickly disappears when they turn it around. They're easy to spot. My favorite people are the ones that declare a game over when there is five minutes left in the game. The ones with a little humility will admit that they were wrong. Most will cower back into the shadows.

People love to bring up how bad Buggs is on D (hey the whole team is bad on D at times)- however, he is a weapon in the press. He didn't get any steals but the double on the press got Maryland out of sync and rushing. Pitino is going to have to find more length like Buggs has in future recruiting classes that size makes the press and the zone more difficult to play against.

He's locked in when we press but he gets lost in half court defense. It's just about finding consistency with him on D. If he could be more of a consistent defensive player he would be a great weapon for us off the bench.

It'd be nice if we could get into the bonus in like 10 minutes.

I've been at every home game for the last 18 years. I wasn't surprised at all.

Backing a guy down is not Joey King's game.

Wow - they call that to start out the second half. Going to hear a lot of whistles in this half.

Just pick up the damn ball, Hollins........

Does Pitino just shake his head when Joey shoots into a guy 4 feet taller than him?

Carlos Morris can provide a nice scoring boost but I tend to think his poor shot selection and defense makes him a net negative out there. Maybe I'm wrong.

Carlos Morris can provide a nice scoring boost but I tend to think his poor shot selection and defense makes him a net negative out there. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm starting to agree with you.

That's what it feels like to me, too.

I'm getting sick of guys not getting back on defense. Morris took his time on the phantom foul call on King on the fast break, and King just did it when he rejected posting up.

We take a lot of shots early in the shot clock that we can get at any time. That Hollins shot was a terrible shot selection.

I'll take the scoring boost. Over the years......the Gophers half-court offense has been extremely stagnant at times. I like that we have someone who will take a shot or drive to the rim if there is an opening.

As for defense.....people forget that while Morris may not be the best defender on the team.......he makes up for it with a decent rebounding and steal line.

Top Bottom