***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

9 points total in 55 minutes of B1G action. If that's all we get from our senior leader, we won't be very good.

He'll get it figured out.....and when he does.....this team will be dangerous.

King and Hollins are two of the most athletically inclined players I've ever watched. Both just have no ability to separate and create scoring opportunities for themselves.

I think we really miss McNiel. He was very solid on the defensive end and would be a really big help against either Wells or Tremble.

King and Hollins are two of the most athletically inclined players I've ever watched. Both just have no ability to separate and create scoring opportunities for themselves.

Injuries have taken a major toll on Andre over the years. It really is too bad.

Buggs looks frustrated after that loose ball foul. I'm not sure that we want angry Buggs running around on the court.

He'll get it figured out.....and when he does.....this team will be dangerous.

I would like to believe this, but I don't see it at all. He is slow, short, can't finish in traffic, doesn't make contested jump shots, and doesn't do well against athletic teams (aka the whole B1G). He can't separate from the defender either. I just wish we had sophomore Hollins back again.

I think we really miss McNiel. He was very solid on the defensive end and would be a really big help against either Wells or Tremble.

No question. He would have logged some important minutes for this team.

Dre Hollins is nowhere near the leader that Austin was. He's too quiet / passive to not put up scoring numbers. Sorry, I said it.

Injuries have taken a major toll on Andre over the years. It really is too bad.

Definitely. I liked Andre as a freshman and really liked him as a Sophomore! It's hard watching him like this.

I would like to believe this, but I don't see it at all. He is slow, short, can't finish in traffic, doesn't make contested jump shots, and doesn't do well against athletic teams (aka the whole B1G). He can't separate from the defender either. I just wish we had sophomore Hollins back again.

Do you think that he has no shot of regaining that form? I don't believe that. He's not a different person. He's been slowed by injury.

Do you think that he has no shot of regaining that form? I don't believe that. He's not a different person. He's been slowed by injury.

Turf toe probably isn't going to get much better throughout the season with 2 games a week. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh Doogie...

@DarrenWolfson 8m8 minutes ago
Had Mike Ellis on @1500ESPN this morning. Pointed to NBA pressure impacting Andre. Turf toe an issue too. Another ugly stretch. #gophers

Guys response:
@DarrenWolfson. There is NBA pressure? He's not tall enough to be a 2, and doesn't have the skill to be a PG. Am I not seeing something?

Doogie response:
@Bryce_Thorp No. He's a cusp NBA player. Pressure to play better to solidify his pro status. Ellis' point was he's struggling w/ that.

Walker is playing well but he needs to look to pass when they crash on him. Our entire lineup is spot up shooters

Oh Doogie...

@DarrenWolfson 8m8 minutes ago
Had Mike Ellis on @1500ESPN this morning. Pointed to NBA pressure impacting Andre. Turf toe an issue too. Another ugly stretch. #gophers

Guys response:
@DarrenWolfson. There is NBA pressure? He's not tall enough to be a 2, and doesn't have the skill to be a PG. Am I not seeing something?

Doogie response:
@Bryce_Thorp No. He's a cusp NBA player. Pressure to play better to solidify his pro status. Ellis' point was he's struggling w/ that.

I saw that. Was going to say something snarky. Then just decided to let it go.

When did Mo Walker change his name to Williams? Freaking B1G announcers suck.

I certainly hope he gets that form back, but it seems injuries, etc. have taken a toll on Hollins for a long time now and I wonder if he will be able to overcome those things within a matter of 2-3 months. I mean, even spot up shooting isn't his forte anymore.

Tough call on King and then Andre gets clobbered on the head on that block. Going to be tough to come back without any help.

Turf toe probably isn't going to get much better throughout the season with 2 games a week. I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe he won't. I have no idea. However.....we've all seen what Hollins is capable of when he is on. It's not just a streak of shots.....it's a streak of monster games. We may not get that from him. But we'll definitely see him light up the scoreboard a few times this year......at the very least.

9 points total in 55 minutes of B1G action. If that's all we get from our senior leader, we won't be very good.

He needs to be all-conference caliber, and he's not. Even the bottom feeding teams have all-conference players (e.g. Newbill), and we do not.

Top Bottom