*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvin Ellis? Has anyone seem him play, is he a 2 that plays the one or is a 1+. I'm just curious I know Maverick is a kid that choose to come here and seems like a good kid and student but I would love to have a real back up ball handler.

The first 10 minutes showed how talented the Gophers are. The next 10 minutes showed how soft they are. Tried to coast AGAIN! The first sign of pushback from the Hawks, and we start missing free throws and shying away from contact inside and generally folding like a cheap tent.

This team is nothing when Williams plays like this.

Nothing to worry about. Regardless if Minnesota loses this game as long as
Team A beats Team B
Team C beats Team D
Team E and F win but G and H lose I am sure the Gophers RPI will improve.

Cause and effect?:)

Team A beats Team B
Team C beats Team D

Only if Team H is Lafayette.

How can players at this level -- and a coach with 500+ career wins -- be so absolutely CLUELESS against a zone? No concept of how to attack. Most HS teams know how to attack zones but we don't? And these are basic zone defenses. Too much dribbling, not enough passing. You'd think with all those coaches sitting on the bench, at least one of them might have an idea or two?

We simply can't handle the ball. It's the players he has recruited more so than strategy.

Tubby has to get off his stupid rule of sitting Dre for huge amounts of time with 2 fouls. This offense is a train-wreck without him. Play him until he has at least 3. If we lose because he fouls out, fine. At least go down fighting.

Disagree. There is way too much time left when he picks up 2. If he gets a third then he enters second half on bench or playing with 3. Then he is out if he picks up fourth.

This team is nothing without Andre every time he gets two fouls and sits the team collapses.

The first 10 minutes showed how talented the Gophers are. The next 10 minutes showed how soft they are. Tried to coast AGAIN! The first sign of pushback from the Hawks, and we start missing free throws and shying away from contact inside and generally folding like a cheap tent.

This team is nothing when Williams plays like this.

Is Williams playing? I don't believe I've seen him yet.........

Team A beats Team B
Team C beats Team D

Oh I am pretty sure they will make the tourney even with an 8-10 record, but I was looking for a deep run this year and it will be a one and done and the Tubby supporters can praise him for just making the tourney.

I don't know why we don't see a zone every game we play. We are absolutely helpless in it. If we play a zone team in the tourney we are done.

Is Williams playing? I don't believe I've seen him yet.........

Elliott needs to get significant minutes in the second half. He's getting the ball inside to Trevor.

Oto has done some good things out there, but he should not shoot.

Oh I am prett sure they will make the tourney even with 8-10 record, but I was looking for a deep run this year and it will be a one and done and the Tubby supporters can praise him for just making the tourney.

Lol love how you post only when the Gophers are losing ultimate troll.

Disagree. There is way too much time left when he picks up 2. If he gets a third then he enters second half on bench or playing with 3. Then he is out if he picks up fourth.

Not true. If gets 3 then he sits til half. He can play the second half until he gets to 4. If he gets 4 with say 15 minutes left you have to sit him for 10 minutes or so. How is that any different than doing it in the 1st half?

Press is so simple to break if you get the ball to the center of the court. Gophers working to the sideline opens them up for the trap. Unreal. Bad coaching, or player vapor lock? Major mistake by Tubby leaving Dre out so long. Rodney Williams? Laughable to say the least. They don't correct the
"press"'problems and quit turning the ball over this game be over boys, and the smell of the dreaded NIT will start seeping in.

Oh I am prett sure they will make the tourney even with 8-10 record, but I was looking for a deep run this year and it will be a one and done and the Tubby supporters can praise him for just making the tourney.

I'm pissed about how bad we've looked the last ten minutes, and have voiced those frustrations on this threat, but let's not stick this one in the L column just yet. We are still only down 5 with 20 minutes to play.

Oh I am pretty sure they will make the tourney even with an 8-10 record, but I was looking for a deep run this year and it will be a one and done and the Tubby supporters can praise him for just making the tourney.

I'd find a new team to root for. It's not worth being in pain. Especially if the only way to relieve it is to troll this message board.

Would you have the lottery numbers for tomorrow by chance?

Press is so simple to break if you get the ball to the center of the court. Gophers working to the sideline opens them up for the trap. Unreal. Bad coaching, or player vapor lock? Major mistake by Tubby leaving Dre out so long. Rodney Williams? Laughable to say the least. They don't correct the
"press"'problems and quit turning the ball over this game be over boys, and the smell of the dreaded NIT will start seeping in.

My kingdom for a whiteboard!

We simply can't handle the ball. It's the players he has recruited more so than strategy.

This. Doesn't matter what play we run if Dre isn't in the game. He is our only hope for a clean play and even then...

Andre has to realize how important he is to the team,play smart and stay away from foul trouble. Even if that means some sacrifices on the defensive end. We just cannot afford to have him on the bench.

Andre has to realize how important he is to the team,play smart and stay away from foul trouble. Even if that means some sacrifices on the defensive end. We just cannot afford to have him on the bench.

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom