***OFFICIAL CHICAGO STATE AT MINNESOTA WINTER STORM 2022 IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Did I just hear that this is EJ Stephens doing the play by play?

I love big ten plus, no commercials and they keep the camera on the arena during half. Almost like you're actually there! I haven't heard the Spaulding NO! cry yet though...

How come our last shots of the half always seem to end badly?

The second half of this game is one of the most important halves in program history. St Thomas folks would never stop talking about choking against a team St Thomas crushed.

Minnesota obviously will win. It's just that every play in this next half has a lot riding on it.

Last edited:

lol. I was going to say....how is he this good at play by play already?
For B1G+ standards this guy is doing a pretty decent job, in fact I would say most probably appreciate him more than someone like Dan Dakich lol

The second half of this game is one of the most important halves in program history. St Thomas folks would never stop talking about choking against a team St Thomas crushed.

Minnesota obviously will win. It's just that every play in this next half has a lot riding on it.

View attachment 22640
Not sure how much anyone actually cares about the margin of victory as long as they win. I am just looking for them to play better than the first half. Defense, shot selection, and turnovers should be the focus.

How come our last shots of the half always seem to end badly?
That last possession was so ugly. Guard play. Cooper is just so slow, good passer and can hit shots but just cannot get past anyone.

View attachment 22640
St. Thomas won that game 83-61.

That last possession was so ugly. Guard play. Cooper is just so slow, good passer and can hit shots but just cannot get past anyone.
8 assists already. Would be great if there was another quick combo guard to compliment him as he does a lot of things really well.

Ugh. Get your 5 best players out there and work with it. Cooper, Carrington, Payne, Battle and Garcia. 100% malpractice not to play Payne 25-30 mins.

So far they haven't been able to shake them...what's going on? All I'm getting the play by play version.

First Half Highs:
-Carrington made some his open treys (other than that terrible airball)
-Payne did what he as supposed to do, dominate
-JoJ attack mindset *didn't convert a lot, but has a good mindset (albeit against much inferior competition to what he will face the rest of the way)

First Half lows:
-they let Chicago state score 30 points (this team is horrible)
-lots of open treys (for Chicago state) when they moved the ball (real teams will punish us with all these open looks)
-confusion around minute distribution (Payne should be playing many more minutes)
-individual man defense - really no one can stay in front of their man

This is bad. Yipes. So poorly coached right now.

I like Ola Joseph’s aggressive play. Would be nice if he could grow 3 more inches or so. Put him up to 6-10.

This broadcaster is deep in local knowledge... I've been watching and attending Gopher games for years and I've never heard of "famous blanket lady".

Top Bottom