***OFFICIAL ARKANSAS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Curry 8-8 from charity stripe. Register that one into your memory bank, young man, and bring it out during B1G play.

I'm impressed with how well the Gophers have protected the ball and had good ball movement. We'll win more games than lose if we keep this up.

The lack of turnovers is so much better than past years. Knock on wood.

These last two games they have been giving Coffey more freedom in the offense, Coffey unfiltered?

Holy Sh!tballs. Coffey with the drive, spin move, mid-air adjustment and 1.

These last two games they have been giving Coffey more freedom in the offense, Coffey unfiltered?

giphy.gif

I will be able to tolerate Konate much more when he is just providing depth.

I will be able to tolerate Konate much more when he is just providing depth.

+1. If he can come in, rebound, never dribble and never shoot unless it's a dunk and give us 2-3 fouls, I can live with that. J'Son Stamper role.

That was fun. I am optimistic for this year and the next.

6 players in double figures....AWESOME!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Averaging 85.4 per game, this is not a coincidence in schedule.

I just witnessed dusty Hannahs yell at a student to suck his balls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amir Coffey managed to overshadow Eric Curry with his second half scoring barrage. That's two major games for the freshman against high major competition and his future looks exceedingly bright. That said, Curry's performance will likely be lost and the boxscore won't overwhelm you (12/4/1) but he had an impact altering shots, his passing was outstanding for a freshman big man, and he even handled the ball with ease breaking the press on at least two occasions. Curry basically played like an above average high major starting 4 as a true freshman. I am just super impressed with his all around game which seems to only be missing a consistent outside shot from his basket of skills.

It's incredible to me how superior this team looks compared to the team that played Bemidji State. Once again, I couldn't have been more wrong in my assessment of this team. I'm a fool to be sure. Really have to hand it to Pitino for putting these guys together. The look of this team seems different from any of our teams since the Haskins days. I don't recognize Gopher basketball, and that is a really, really good thing.

Amir Coffey managed to overshadow Eric Curry with his second half scoring barrage. That's two major games for the freshman against high major competition and his future looks exceedingly bright. That said, Curry's performance will likely be lost and the boxscore won't overwhelm you (12/4/1) but he had an impact altering shots, his passing was outstanding for a freshman big man, and he even handled the ball with ease breaking the press on at least two occasions. Curry basically played like an above average high major starting 4 as a true freshman. I am just super impressed with his all around game which seems to only be missing a consistent outside shot from his basket of skills.

If Curry can hit 3s consistently he would be a huge match up problem...he is quick, great hands, can handle the rock and hits his FT.

Cold Brew Coffey....

We're gonna struggle against slow down possession by possession B1G 10 Basketball. But we will look really nice in these more open non conference games and games against lesser opponents that we can lock down on defense. I felt like other teams were just having off nights against us, but it's been too consistent with the other teams shooting poorly and turning the ball over. We've got a lot of length. If we used to criticize our defense for other teams having the best night of their lives in the past against us, why cant we credit the defense now that teams are having terrible nights??

Fun team to watch, I forgot what it was like to be nervous/anxious/excited for Gopher games. I was in a state of apathy last year. Love it!

Did McBrayer get hurt? Don't know minutes but 3 shots?

Who else was waiting for the collapse? #MinnesotaSportsFan

Gotta start believing!

gotta love 6 in double figures...

Agree on the depth of skills for Coffey. I am really happy to see how well he shoots free throws as well. As a team we have been terrible from the line in the previous years and I am optimistic that stat will improve this year.

Top Bottom