***OFFICIAL ARKANSAS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Looked like there was a bigger student section last night. Maybe the biggest of the season so far?

Easily the biggest of the year, yes. But at least a 1/3 left to go. And why the hell do they take off the split second the game ends? Please honor the players by hanging out 3 more minutes for the Rouser.

I must say I hate watching the games on ESPN3. While the broadcasters are nice, quality is top notch as long as the internet connection is stable and my wife doesn't watch 3 shows on her devices at the same time, but I hate how you cannot rewind.

I watch Gopher Basketball like I watched game film as a coach. I rewind big plays and look at inbound plays 3 or 4x probably 10-20 times per game and then catch up during the commercial breaks. I can do that on BTN2GO and obviously on my dvr/live TV, but not on ESPN3....

F ESPN.

Also this team resembles our final four team in some ways. (Just having fun here)
Lynch our J. Thomas. Murphy comparable to C. James. Coffey is our Quincy Lewis. Nate Mason to Eric Harris, solid and steady.
McBrayer is not on the level of Bobby J. But Springs is similar to what C. Thomas gave us off the bench. Curry is a better sub than Winter.

Basically we have similar players and depth for everyone except we have no Sam Jacobsen type player on the wing, and we need McBrayer to keep improving to resemble BJ. I pray this team can avoid injuries. Maybe Fitzgerald could have been the Sam Jacobsen?

Does that make Konate the current day Miles Tarver? :eek:)

Easily the biggest of the year, yes. But at least a 1/3 left to go. And why the hell do they take off the split second the game ends? Please honor the players by hanging out 3 more minutes for the Rouser.

+1

I was in the student section saying the same thing

Marginally more than most of the other games, surprised at the continued lack of interest.

Weather may have impacted it but I doubt it.
Tuesday before Thanksgiving break. People have travel plans, etc. Keep winning and the barn will rock come Michigan State and the B1G opener.

Also this team resembles our final four team in some ways. (Just having fun here)
Lynch our J. Thomas. Murphy comparable to C. James. Coffey is our Quincy Lewis. Nate Mason to Eric Harris, solid and steady.
McBrayer is not on the level of Bobby J. But Springs is similar to what C. Thomas gave us off the bench. Curry is a better sub than Winter.

Basically we have similar players and depth for everyone except we have no Sam Jacobsen type player on the wing, and we need McBrayer to keep improving to resemble BJ. I pray this team can avoid injuries. Maybe Fitzgerald could have been the Sam Jacobsen?

If this team resembles our final 4 run does that mean that this year is like 1995-1996 and we just missed the NCAAs (in the current formate we'd make the tourney being in the first 4 game round) and follow that up with a team that returns nearly everyone?

You lost me with your first sentence. That was a huge leap. I'm not ready to go there...yet.
Perhaps you are a Seer, but I can't compare a team in its infancy to arguably the best Gopher team in history.

I must say I hate watching the games on ESPN3. While the broadcasters are nice, quality is top notch as long as the internet connection is stable and my wife doesn't watch 3 shows on her devices at the same time, but I hate how you cannot rewind.

I watch Gopher Basketball like I watched game film as a coach. I rewind big plays and look at inbound plays 3 or 4x probably 10-20 times per game and then catch up during the commercial breaks. I can do that on BTN2GO and obviously on my dvr/live TV, but not on ESPN3....

F ESPN.

Agree with you on not being able to rewind but they are light years ahead of those terrible student announcers on B1G10 plus. Watching games on that is like hearing nails on the chalkboard.

Agree with you on not being able to rewind but they are light years ahead of those terrible student announcers on B1G10 plus. Watching games on that is like hearing nails on the chalkboard.

If only we could have stoned Bill Walton calling all of our games. This was from the Maui Invitational this year. He was high as a kite..... http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/bill-walton-just-high-as-hell-in-hawaii/?utm_campaign=SocialflowTw&utm_source=BarstoolTw&utm_medium=Socialflow

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom