Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

We are currently at 19 commits, with several high priority targets still on the board. Per @swelna's great scholarship tracker, we have just 13 players with expiring eligibility at the end of 2023. It is entirely possible that we will go into next offseason expecting at least 12 transfers or retirements (I believe there were 17 this year). I think PJ and the staff are looking at the one free transfer rule as an additional opportunity to manage their scholarship spots and are recruiting accordingly. I continue to be encouraged by the direction of the program!

After looking at some of the committed player's pictures, I'M SHOCKED. Kudos the their high school weight lifting programs and the players own dedication to build themselves into football players. These kids are beyond "freshman" bodies that I grew up with (30 years ago).

Im getting more and more impressed with what Fleck is doing here. He is putting a quality product for us to get behind and to compete on the field.

247 thinks we are in a good spot with Mandell even though he visits ISU and Wisky this week. Saw where he is rated #1 Minnesota HS player at .905 and Sunram slightly ahead of Gilmore. PJ gave his best shot at Gilmore who will be visiting Okl then the Ducks. 247 has the Gophers still in the game but confidence level is around 30%. Riggs may have to announce soon (this week) or lose a spot with other RB's coming in this weekend. The heavy lifting has been done with these recruits.

Focus will be on OL recruiting as I think we have Roy, Pyfrom and Carroll visiting this weekend and maybe another DL. Pyfrom may end up at Neb. We have CJ Brown WR official visit today but it will be tough to pull him away from the SEC.

We are currently at 19 commits, with several high priority targets still on the board. Per @swelna's great scholarship tracker, we have just 13 players with expiring eligibility at the end of 2023. It is entirely possible that we will go into next offseason expecting at least 12 transfers or retirements (I believe there were 17 this year). I think PJ and the staff are looking at the one free transfer rule as an additional opportunity to manage their scholarship spots and are recruiting accordingly. I continue to be encouraged by the direction of the program!
I think it is more a case of the fact that they have fully embraced the roster churn that happens these days. The reality is that you are going to lose a bunch of guys each year whether you like it or not so you can bring in more guys than available spots knowing when the time comes the numbers will work themselves out.

PJ has a Gopher island?!?! I need the details on this lol

"I got to see campus, hang out with the other committed recruits, ate a lot of great food, learned more about the culture and all the things behind it," Madu said to 247Sporots. "I also got to spend time with Coach Fleck on his boat and the Gopher island. It was just a great weekend filled with happy energy and good times."

PJ has a Gopher island?!?! I need the details on this lol

"I got to see campus, hang out with the other committed recruits, ate a lot of great food, learned more about the culture and all the things behind it," Madu said to 247Sporots. "I also got to spend time with Coach Fleck on his boat and the Gopher island. It was just a great weekend filled with happy energy and good times."

Sign me up too!!!! Suck it, Disney.

Maybe he just means Big Island. Lets be honest...with all the milfs out there "sporting" its a young mans dream

Liked on Twitter by Lindsey, and Fruechte of all people, but the only coaches are from Ark from what I see.

Gotta be a be a good sign for us that he’s moving it up though.
There's a crystal ball on 247 for Ark today.

What has been the history of in-state MN recruits in the PJ Fleck Era sticking with the program?

With USC and UCLA joining the Big Ten in 2024, will this be good for Gopher Recruiting? If interest in the Gophers with California recruits opens up, that will be a nice bonus.

Top Bottom