Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

This is what I hope they get for the rest of their commits:
RB——-Riggs
WR——-Johnson
TE——-Simpson
OL——-Mandell, Roy, Carroll
DL——-Gilmore, Hicks
DB——-Madu, Gerald

This would be a class of 25. Maybe they won’t take that many. Fingers crossed.

Per Randy:

Wyatt Gilmore knows the hard sell is coming. When the standout defensive end from Rogers makes his official visit to the Gophers football program this weekend, he's well aware that plenty of people will encourage him to commit to Minnesota — and that's not only coach P.J. Fleck and his staff.

"I have a really strong relationship with a ton of guys on the team and pretty much all the commits," said Gilmore, a four-star recruit and the top-ranked player in the state in the 2024 recruiting class. "… They'll tell me a couple subtle things here and there."

Over the next two "Summer Splash" weekends, Gilmore will be one of roughly 25 recruits making their official visits. The Gophers have 15 players who've verbally committed to the class, and Fleck is doing a solid job of keeping Minnesota's best players home. According to the recruiting-focused website 247Sports.com, seven of the top nine recruits in Minnesota have pledged to the Gophers.

That list includes No. 2-ranked Koi Perich, a safety from Lincoln High School in Esko; No. 4 Mason Carrier, a linebacker from Detroit Lakes; No. 5 Jide Abasiri, a defensive lineman from Prior Lake; No. 6 Mo Saine, a defensive lineman from Eden Prairie; No. 7 Simon Seidl, an athlete from Hill-Murray; No. 8 Jalen Smith, a wide receiver from Mankato West; and No. 9 Sam Macy, an edge rusher from Chanhassen.

The two in the top nine who haven't yet committed to Minnesota but are slated to visit are Gilmore and No. 3-ranked in-state recruit Emerson Mandell, an offensive lineman for Irondale High School. The 6-4, 240-pound Gilmore is the 20th-ranked edge rusher nationally, while Mandell (6-5 and 295) is the 42nd-ranked interior offensive lineman.

Go Gophers!!

Winston gets it. What a great hire.

Edit...in case you're wondering, they are "shadow boxing". It's the latest fad with teenage boys right now.
Thank for the edit. I had absolutely no clue what they were doing.

I hope PJ can reel in Hicks. IMO, Gilmore will follow the money. I agree with the hard sell approach with Gilmore. Make a choice or move on. But would like to see both Golden.

Winston gets it. What a great hire.

Edit...in case you're wondering, they are "shadow boxing". It's the latest fad with teenage boys right now.

Thanks. I was confused as all hell there.

Also....weekend shaping up really nicely for the Gophers.

Doesn’t include the new TE

Give me:
1 DL (Gilmore?)
3+ OL (Roy, Mandell…?)
BPA after that

That’s a DAMN good class

Top Bottom