Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Emerson Mandell and Wyatt Gilmore - if there is ever a historic moment for the next Empire Building it is now!

Make it a clean slate of the top in-state Minnesota recruits!

Yes, I'd absolutely love for PJ Fleck to land the top ten players in the state.

Emerson Mandell and Wyatt Gilmore - if there is ever a historic moment for the next Empire Building it is now!

Make it a clean slate of the top in-state Minnesota recruits!

Yes, I'd absolutely love for PJ Fleck to land the top ten players in the state.
This high school group of commitments is already larger than the past 3 classes. Have to think there isn’t much more room for high school guys in this cycle. Will be interesting to see how many more they add.

This high school group of commitments is already larger than the past 3 classes. Have to think there isn’t much more room for high school guys in this cycle. Will be interesting to see how many more they add.
Did the NCAA make a change regarding the maximum number of scholarship recruits allowed in the next two recruiting cycles?

The Gophers are thin at the Edge Rusher position with only Chris Collins (Sr.), Danny Striggow (So.), and new commitment Jaylin Kicks. They sure can use Wyatt Gilmore.

I thought there was no limit (maybe that was just something for a year or 2) as long as they were at the 85 come fall camp

Did the NCAA make a change regarding the maximum number of scholarship recruits allowed in the next two recruiting cycles?

The Gophers are thin at the Edge Rusher position with only Chris Collins (Sr.), Danny Striggow (So.), and new commitment Jaylin Kicks. They sure can use Wyatt Gilmore.
Karter Menz from NoDak will be a freshman in the fall. Had a nice offer list- Kansas, Nebraska, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Washington State.

Plus Sam Macy this class. He's listed as a LB and Edge.

See the recent thread on class size. It shows the rule there.

Karter Menz from NoDak will be a freshman in the fall. Had a nice offer list- Kansas, Nebraska, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Washington State.

Plus Sam Macy this class. He's listed as a LB and Edge.
Thanks for clarifying. I did not see Karter Menz's name on the Scholarship Distribution List. There are plenty of LBs on the list.

How many of these kids will actually sign when it comes time? Hopefully all, but I know that's not realistic.

How many of these kids will actually sign when it comes time? Hopefully all, but I know that's not realistic.
2023 had a total of 3 decommitments
2022 - 1
2021 - 6
2020 - 7
2019 - 8

Recent trend last couple of years seems most will sign. Maybe PJ had a fundamental change in philosophy because the last few classes committed early and stuck for the most part.

Maybe also shows the program is on solid footing and a desirable place to land!

2023 had a total of 3 decommitments
2022 - 1
2021 - 6
2020 - 7
2019 - 8

Recent trend last couple of years seems most will sign. Maybe PJ had a fundamental change in philosophy because the last few classes committed early and stuck for the most part.

Maybe also shows the program is on solid footing and a desirable place to land!
I would guess if their are any decommits it would be under the radar out of state type guys that blow up and get their dream offer to stay home. Guys with similar profiles as Mike Gerald. Most of the out of state guys in this class already have big offers close to home.

does seem to be shaping up as a large HS class.

But - never know for sure what happens before national signing day.

and as many people have said on here before, the numbers always seem to work out somehow.

BTW - Ijeboi may be my favorite player in the class - for tweeting that he is "106% committed." I've seen 100% - I've seen 110% - but 106% shows me some individuality.

and one more note - Kallstrom - the kid from Kerkhoven-Murdock-Sunburg who received a PWO offer - I've seen him play basketball. Kid is solid and has good footwork.

Wow, just a fantastic recruitment class! Now, we have to sweat until Early NSD when all the commitment sticks. Poaching is legal.

Hoping the two OL recruits don’t mean we are out on Mandell. Would still love him and Gilmore!

Top Bottom