Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Washington and Iowa State were on him much earlier. Not that that matters, maybe he was hoping and waiting for a Gopher offer. The F-M area isn't exactly the most kind to the Gophers, but we did get the West Fargo Edge.

McCoy and Schuster are the only younger Noses we have on the roster, and I assume Owusu will be a 3-tech. So Davis would be a solid pickup.
2 CBs from today both have him to Washington. Trieu and Osen from Iowa State who is 15/15 this year

Well there you go. Tit-for-tat with us taking Schuster out of the greater Seattle metro.

We went after Jaxon hard, as we of course should have. Didn't work out. I don't think Jaxon would have or Owusu will play the same position as Davis, but regardless they could be lumped into the DL quota for the class.

Meh, posters on here who have seen him play weren’t overly impressed.

Or they can look anywhere else in the United States and Canada too.
Sure? Or maybe they'll offer the Eagan kid? Was just speculating on a player of the same position that has been talked about on here, that people might be interested in. Wasn't at all making any kind of statement on how narrow a net must be cast.

Hoping that Newsom, Moss and Fleming not jumping on the local offers bodes well for us. Pretty clear it seems to work against us when the local guys wait on Fleck's offers, maybe we'll get to see the other side to our advantage with these 3.

Sure? Or maybe they'll offer the Eagan kid? Was just speculating on a player of the same position that has been talked about on here, that people might be interested in. Wasn't at all making any kind of statement on how narrow a net must be cast.
Eagan kid committed to NDSU

If we only offered him a PWO, and he wanted a scholarship, then there you go.

Good luck to him! Should tear it up in the MVFC

Crystal balls coming in for Fleming to VT.

https://247sports.com/Article/Camer...n-Gophers-North-Carolina-Tar-Heels-190354236/

After a lengthy battle between North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Minnesota, I submitted a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Virginia Tech to land the three-star prospect on July 18 and I feel comfortable with that prediction. Both Minnesota and Virginia Tech were able to host Fleming officially this summer. There is no question that Minnesota interested Fleming during his official visit and the Golden Gophers seemed to trend briefly in his recruitment.

Following his weekend visit to Minnesota, Fleming visited Virginia Tech officially for a Sunday-Tuesday official visit and the Hokies made up a lot of ground with a strong recruiting pitch from Derek Jones combined with Fontel Mines and Brent Pry.

North Carolina also seemed to be a major player for Fleming, but after postponing his summer official visit, which was scheduled for the weekend after he visited Virginia Tech, it felt like the Tar Heels were cooling in his recruitment as they continued to add defensive back commitments.

Heading into the announcement later today, I remain confident in my prediction that Virginia Tech has done enough to win this recruitment over Minnesota and North Carolina. While both Minnesota and North Carolina check a lot of the boxes for Fleming, the push to keep Virginia prospects home combined with the plan laid out by Coach Pry and Coach Jones is the reason I expect Virginia Tech to get good news later this afternoon.

How about Asa Newsom from Iowa (took OV's here, K-State, Stanford, and Iowa), I believe is an OLB prospect, and MarJavious Moss from Shreveport (OV's here and Baylor) as a corner?

Still an improvement over past years getting commitments from players in the south. Gophers will just have to win the west this year and more of these national recruits will choose Minnesota. Ohio State clearly picks these national-level guys from a pool of interested players, we just need more success with the 3 stars to step up. It will take longer than I thought too.

How about Asa Newsom from Iowa (took OV's here, K-State, Stanford, and Iowa), I believe is an OLB prospect, and MarJavious Moss from Shreveport (OV's here and Baylor) as a corner?
Can't remember the last time we pulled a Iowa kid that had a hawkeye offer. Hoping his holding off on announcing is a good sign though. Even the 5 star OT from Iowa committed already.

Compared to Iowa's recruiting, the Gopher's sputtered.

One could argue that a 5* top 10 recruit is a really big difference!
Recruiting classes should never be judged based on one player in a class of 20 plus. I mean in reality they shouldn't be judged at all until 3 or so years later to see how many of the players actually panned out....but that is too much to ask in this day and age where everything needs to be ranked and evaluated right away.

Top Bottom