Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

This is encouraging since he also visited on June 10th. I'm liking our chances.
I think the longer a kid takes to commit to the instate school, the more likely he is to go elsewhere. Would be great to get a solid player from Iowa, haven’t seen that in my lifetime that I remember.

I think the longer a kid takes to commit to the instate school, the more likely he is to go elsewhere. Would be great to get a solid player from Iowa, haven’t seen that in my lifetime that I remember.
Maybe not this highly ranked but Ko was the best player from Iowa I can recall that played for the Gophers.

Wow. Darius Taylor. After that interview, not only the best running back in michigan (quietly knows he's the best), one of the most humble people around. Very lucky to have you. Too much bad has happened in his young life already, but has landed at the best program possible regarding those things. Welcome to your new home Darius.

Wow. Darius Taylor. After that interview, not only the best running back in michigan (quietly knows he's the best), one of the most humble people around. Very lucky to have you. Too much bad has happened in his young life already, but has landed at the best program possible regarding those things. Welcome to your new home Darius.

It was really cool to hear that Coach Burns took the time to call Darius' father in prison to get to know him.

It was really cool to hear that Coach Burns took the time to call Darius' father in prison to get to know him.
Exactly. That is so awesome. And for this to go out on the airwaves just tells people this program is such a great fit for young kids that want to do the right thing but just don't know how, and are just lured by certain schools that don't give a shit about the person.

Interviews like that really do confirm that what is said about Fleck, the staff and how they recruit really is true. Our staff does things differently than the majority of power 5 programs.

Just a guess but I bet Fleck's approach works really well with the parents. It isn't going to appeal to those player that are just out for themselves and wholly focused on getting to the NFL, but will play really well with the players that are looking at football but also factoring in life after football as well.

Maybe not this highly ranked but Ko was the best player from Iowa I can recall that played for the Gophers.
Cody Poock was good -- but not near Ko. John Rabe is the only other one that comes to mind for me.

Leverenz (sp) from Iowa?

It looks like there is a great story unfolding here. These are the kids the Gophers value in their system who know how to overcome struggles in life and are hungry to succeed.

We will hear from Drew Viotto and Darius Taylor sooner than we think.

What great stories and find!

Ko Kieft?

it is interesting timing that both reopen. Perhaps some ‘difficult conversations’ were had for breakfast.

Good luck to both of them.

Next guys in!

Brown is on the rise. Offer from Hokies today. I'd say related...

Don't think this was a scholarship pull, but I could also be wrong.

I liked this kid.

Last edited:

it is interesting timing that both reopen. Perhaps some ‘difficult conversations’ were had for breakfast.

Good luck to both of them.

Next guys in!
Parent teacher conferences didn't go well and either did explaining it to PJ. :ROFLMAO:

It is not in God's Timing but NIL's and Transfer Portal's timing.

Are they creating a desert for high school recruits?

If you are a high school recruit that is not highly ranked, you accept a D1 scholarship offer that comes close to what you want until a better one comes by. You de-commit when your ratings go up. Hopefully, you have secured an offer.

College teams are looking for "mature" talent in the portal to fix glaring needs. It can be challenging for many high school recruits to navigate this new recruiting landscape.

It makes me wonder if teams like the Gophers get quality PWOs from kids who want to be Gophers rather than stepping down from D1.

Good luck to both Latreveon McCutchin and Tyler Brown.

Top Bottom