Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

The new thread on the Harvard portal DT visiting made me check out 247's list for us on 2022 class visits, which is here: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2022-Football/Visits/

This weekend isn't showing anything for 2022, and that list hasn't been updated since the Dec 11 2021 weekend. (nothing for 2023 class yet, at all)

But in looking at that list, there are two recruits shown that haven't committed: Pyburn, who we all know decommitted from us, and then Vega Ioane

Looks like he visited here on Dec 11 and then decommitted from Washington on Dec 12. But hasn't committed since, and has an official scheduled at UCLA for the end of this month. This is just what the free version of his page shows, anyway.

Any more insiders have an idea if we're in the race for this one? I know we signed a nice DT recruit from down in his area (south of Tacoma): https://gophersports.com/sports/football/roster/jacob-schuster/19579

Thanks for sharing BleedGopher. That is one nice interview and a great kid to have in the fold. Three years of eligibility is awesome!

Agreed! Excited to have him.

New 22 RB offer:

Apparently down to 2 schools, with us being one of them. Wonder if this says anything about our injured RB's?

New 22 RB offer:

Apparently down to 2 schools, with us being one of them. Wonder if this says anything about our injured RB's?
Or maybe because we have a lot of high performing running backs?

I think the Kellman offer speaks to the concerns about overall running back depth. Now, PJ isn’t going to just give a scholarship away. They are too valuable, so there is obviously something about Kellman they like. With the loss of Thomas and the uncertainty surrounding Mo and Potts, the running back room is potentially thin. We have another injury plagued season at the position and we could be in trouble. Hopefully, Kellman decides to be a Gopher.

I think the Kellman offer speaks to the concerns about overall running back depth. Now, PJ isn’t going to just give a scholarship away. They are too valuable, so there is obviously something about Kellman they like. With the loss of Thomas and the uncertainty surrounding Mo and Potts, the running back room is potentially thin. We have another injury plagued season at the position and we could be in trouble. Hopefully, Kellman decides to be a Gopher.
Yeah, with Thomas moving on I like the idea of picking up another rb. Probably won't need one to play this coming year, but five rbs isn't a whole lot. Plus Mo might move on after next year. Kellman looks like another Mo clone, as does Evans.

I guess it didn't work out with Georgia Tech??

Suddenly he has offers from Northern Illinois, which supposedly has 11 RBs (!!) on its roster according to 247 (as GVLC noted), and the U on Jan 20, and is taking an official to NIU this weekend.

Looks like St Frances played a ton of talented teams across the country.

I can't seem to find much on Ike White for this year, which worries me a bit. Anyone know if he's been hurt or something?

I can't seem to find much on Ike White for this year, which worries me a bit. Anyone know if he's been hurt or something?
Here is the list of 2022 recruits from St. Frances. Their team was stocked with talent at WR, so there just wasn't a lot of balls thrown his way? I think PJ mentioned it at the signing day social.

Edit: from Gopherhole recap of the social:

"His team has dozens of players going D1…doesn’t have a ton of catches, because there are so many playmakers on his team. He’s got incredible ball skills. If we like you as a wideout, and they get the ball more than you, and he’s the best teammate he can be. He wasn’t ok not getting the ball, he thirsts getting it, but he was a great teammate. Daniel Jackson skill set."

Not sure about that, but nearly certain he is already on campus as an early enrollee.

New 22 RB offer:

Running Backs get the most pounding and are injured most often.

The six RBs in the Running Room plus Zach Evans coming in as a Freshman is not enough after seeing five Gopher RBs out of commission last season. We don't know how Mo and others are after returning from injury. Taking an extra RB makes sense.

3Trey PottsRB5-11210R-So.Williamsport, Pa. / Williamsport
4Mar'Keise IrvingRB5-10190Fr.Chicago, Ill. / Hillcrest
21Bryce WilliamsRB6-0215R-Jr.Sarasota, Fla. / Cardinal Mooney
24Mohamed IbrahimRB5-10210R-Sr.Baltimore, Md. / Our Lady of Good Counsel
25Preston JelenRB5-10210R-Jr.Prior Lake, Minn. / Prior Lake
31Kendall MooreRB5-11195R-Fr.St. Paul, Minn. / East Ridge

Running Backs get the most pounding and are injured most often.

The six RBs in the Running Room plus Zach Evans coming in as a Freshman is not enough after seeing five Gopher RBs out of commission last season. We don't know how Mo and others are after returning from injury. Taking an extra RB makes sense.

3Trey PottsRB5-11210R-So.Williamsport, Pa. / Williamsport
4Mar'Keise IrvingRB5-10190Fr.Chicago, Ill. / Hillcrest
21Bryce WilliamsRB6-0215R-Jr.Sarasota, Fla. / Cardinal Mooney
24Mohamed IbrahimRB5-10210R-Sr.Baltimore, Md. / Our Lady of Good Counsel
25Preston JelenRB5-10210R-Jr.Prior Lake, Minn. / Prior Lake
31Kendall MooreRB5-11195R-Fr.St. Paul, Minn. / East Ridge
Your are missing Derik LeCaptain which would put the total at 8 total which should be plenty.

Derik was on temporary loan from the Defense.
“Temporary” but showed to be more than serviceable and performed well in pass protection. He won’t ever start on defense, they should just move him over full time.

“Temporary” but showed to be more than serviceable and performed well in pass protection. He won’t ever start on defense, they should just move him over full time.
Fullback?

Wasn't he a record-breaker HS RB? He had that awesome TD run when he was inserrted. I agree that he should just be moved over to the RB Room.

Top Bottom