Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

So we still have Pyburn (DE) "committed" & still working on Vega Loane (IOL)

Loane would be a huge get yet. Adding Loane & McConnel & Beers at the IOL for the future would be great in one class

Saw that Pyburn picked up a Miami offer--at least it's not UF yet.

So we still have Pyburn (DE) "committed" & still working on Vega Loane (IOL)

Loane would be a huge get yet. Adding Loane & McConnel & Beers at the IOL for the future would be great in one class
Ioane is still believed to be a heavy Washington lean even after his decommitment.

It's the type of commitment that adds to the strength of the Gophers as a football program.

They want to be Gophers. They are coached up with sound fundamentals. The kind that allowed the Gophers as a unified team to beat Nebraska short-handed at Memorial Stadium in 2020 Pandemic Year.

Yep. A 3 star as a PWO is an awesome pickup.
I'm thinking 2 stars. Perhaps a different service out there. Regardless, he looks like a nice pick up. The heck with stars. It's what you put on the field that counts.

I'm thinking 2 stars. Perhaps a different service out there. Regardless, he looks like a nice pick up. The heck with stars. It's what you put on the field that counts.
Per 247 rankings, no composite:

An article from a couple of months ago. Not sure if anything has changed.

Tl;dr: Lives in (near?) Kalamazoo and has admired Fleck for years. Parents are from MN, grandpa played for the Gophers in the 60s, visits extended family in MN often, attends at least one Gophers game per year (went to the PSU game in 2019), calls MN his "dream school." Perfect set of circumstances if you ask me. I'd bet almost anything he's on scholarship in a year.

Tl;dr: Lives in (near?) Kalamazoo and has admired Fleck for years. Parents are from MN, grandpa played for the Gophers in the 60s, visits extended family in MN often, attends at least one Gophers game per year (went to the PSU game in 2019), calls MN his "dream school." Perfect set of circumstances if you ask me. I'd bet almost anything he's on scholarship in a year.
With a last name like Stolsky it feels like he should be playing hockey not football. But always gotta love players that want to be here and choose to go the walk on route in hopes of earning a scholarship.

His high school highlights show some traits. I think he's a special teams warrior for us and that will get you on scholarship.

Recruiting guys as PWO’s must be tough. Gotta find a way to convince a guy you want him to be there, but not enough to offer him a scholarship. Looks like a great pick up!

Recruiting guys as PWO’s must be tough. Gotta find a way to convince a guy you want him to be there, but not enough to offer him a scholarship. Looks like a great pick up!
You have to have a history of getting scholarships to PWOs, which PJ does. And which means that a few PWOs will normally be using, even if just for a year or two, a few of our 85 permitted scholarships--something the guys who count scholarships should keep in mind.

Top Bottom