Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Wow. Anybody with added knowledge know who this might be referencing? I kinda hope Townley and think it could be him. I'd take a 2022 pledge too though.

Could be that it appears that Dunlap Jr. will be coming back next year. But if it's not that and something else....even better.

I’m guessing not, I wouldn’t expect a transfer on either line. I’m thinking Townley or a 2022 recruit.

Why wouldn't you expect a transfer on either line? Could be a guy with 3 years of eligibility. I'd imagine Fleck and Co would be interested in someone like that.

Anyone have any mom's best friends out there that have any information on the in state kids? Seems like chances of hearing something from guys close to home would be easier information to have.

Why wouldn't you expect a transfer on either line? Could be a guy with 3 years of eligibility. I'd imagine Fleck and Co would be interested in someone like that.
I think Fleck only likes to take them when really needed, I think we may be ok on the lines.

I'd like to see a spare and then a spare to a spare when it comes to the OL, i.e., eighteen to twenty linemen on the roster. Aggressively recruit PWOs who can be serviceable in two to three years.

I think Fleck only likes to take them when really needed, I think we may be ok on the lines.

I agree with this other than a pass rusher. Every defense needs more pass rushers (especially ours).

I could also see us being interested in an OL if they had 3 years. We have a lot of upperclassmen.

I'd like to see a spare and then a spare to a spare when it comes to the OL, i.e., eighteen to twenty linemen on the roster. Aggressively recruit PWOs who can be serviceable in two to three years.
I'm hoping that is the plan in the long run. Hopefully as we get better we can get some of these guys willing to earn their dues and work their way up. Right now some of these guys are clearly going elsewhere as we haven't gotten over the hump.

Nebraska was good with that for many years but then they stopped recruiting most of the thugs that we're available out there. They also had to raise their Big 10 academics a bit to join the conference and lost out a few. Meanwhile their academics I'm hearing is on the lower end of the scale.

Anyone have any mom's best friends out there that have any information on the in state kids? Seems like chances of hearing something from guys close to home would be easier information to have.
Yes, and we don't need to know how tall they were in 10th grade.

I’m pretty impressed with the 6-9 ranked prospects for the state for 2022.
6.Chase Androff from lakeville south TE, good blocker, not many receiving highlights but looks like he moves extremely well and is 6’6” 230. Has an ISU and UCF offer.

7.Mekhi Collins from Mankato west, 6’4” 190 WR, looks like a big wr with good hands, not the fastest, but would look good running slants in our offense I think. Has an ISU offer.

8.Kristen Hoskins from Alexandria, 5’10” 165 WR, yes he is small, 5’10” may be generous, but looks very dynamic, JD Spielman like. Has an ISU offer.

9.Camden Royal from Robbinsdale Cooper, 5-10 175 RB, reminds me of Mo, good balance, hands, and vision, won’t wow you with speed, but does everything else well. Similar size to Mo out of high school. Has an ASU offer.

6.Chase Androff from lakeville south TE, good blocker, not many receiving highlights but looks like he moves extremely well and is 6’6” 230. Has an ISU and UCF offer.

7.Mekhi Collins from Mankato west, 6’4” 190 WR, looks like a big wr with good hands, not the fastest, but would look good running slants in our offense I think. Has an ISU offer.

8.Kristen Hoskins from Alexandria, 5’10” 165 WR, yes he is small, 5’10” may be generous, but looks very dynamic, JD Spielman like. Has an ISU offer.

9.Camden Royal from Robbinsdale Cooper, 5-10 175 RB, reminds me of Mo, good balance, hands, and vision, won’t wow you with speed, but does everything else well. Similar size to Mo out of high school. Has an ASU offer.
Appreciate the rundown. The ISU offers are comical to me whenever I see them.

<Insert Oprah gif.>

Appreciate the rundown. The ISU offers are comical to me whenever I see them.

<Insert Oprah gif.>
lol so true....im positive the 165+ offers they have out are not all committable offers

im only really familiar with Hoskins....and his size will keep him from getting a lot of D1 looks but the guy is a playmaker....his best bet is going to a D2 school or even an SJU and play early and often right out of the get go. But will be looking forward to where he ends up.

I'd have to say that Minnesota fits that description as well... just have to go back a lil' farther to spot that glory.
Well I meant it as in they were still leveraging their former glory, with recruits.

ISU really has a thing for getting early offers in to any decent kid in Minnesota. Kids that might end up picking NDSU over ISU, even.

Oh I see, they're non-committable offers.

Wait ... what?

This is absurd.

Looks like JB was a junior and Bear a freshman when they played together at Terrell in 2018.

Ryan (Denton) is about 70mi from Terrell. I hope they moved, that would be an awful commute to make twice a day.

Clearly Jaqwondis has his ear. A good sign for us.

Yeah, I mean Bear has his pick of pretty much any school in the country but it certainly doesn't hurt to have someone like Jaqwondis on the inside who clearly has a pretty solid connection with the kid.

Would be a huge pickup (literally and figuratively) if Bear would decide to commit here.

Yeah, I mean Bear has his pick of pretty much any school in the country but it certainly doesn't hurt to have someone like Jaqwondis on the inside who clearly has a pretty solid connection with the kid.

Would be a huge pickup (literally and figuratively) if Bear would decide to commit here.
It's one thing when we get in early on a guy off the radar (Bateman), who then shows incredible loyal in spite of immense pressure.

But he (Bear) is already well known and offered by many high end schools. It's the south. It's worse than the south. It's Texas. Minnesota can't "compete" "financially" against those schools, if you catch my drift.

If we believe that we are a program going in the right direction nd that we can start to compete with anyone, then Bear is definatly in the mix as are many top 500 recruits. We need to keep building off of last years class. I would say that we get 6 4 starts this year and 1 5 star. That's right. We are going to pull one out! Get ready!.....

If we believe that we are a program going in the right direction nd that we can start to compete with anyone, then Bear is definatly in the mix as are many top 500 recruits. We need to keep building off of last years class. I would say that we get 6 4 starts this year and 1 5 star. That's right. We are going to pull one out! Get ready!.....

Just getting his attention gets Fleck in the door. Then he can work his magic. Let's not forget....Jaqwondis had plenty of good/great offers (not on Bear's level) too.

Just getting his attention gets Fleck in the door. Then he can work his magic. Let's not forget....Jaqwondis had plenty of good/great offers (not on Bear's level) too.

Has been exciting to see some of the recruits Fleck's staff has been battling for over the past few years. Now when you go after big time prospects your odds of landing them are much lower but it is still awesome to see us firmly in the mix for guys who wouldn't even have given us the time of day a few years ago. You keep building on that and eventually more and more of those guys actually commit.

Beats the alternative of always trying to build your roster by finding the overlooked or diamond in the rough players and hoping you can develop them into good players. You can certainly find great players that way but your margin for error is much smaller.

Has been exciting to see some of the recruits Fleck's staff has been battling for over the past few years. Now when you go after big time prospects your odds of landing them are much lower but it is still awesome to see us firmly in the mix for guys who wouldn't even have given us the time of day a few years ago. You keep building on that and eventually more and more of those guys actually commit.

Beats the alternative of always trying to build your roster by finding the overlooked or diamond in the rough players and hoping you can develop them into good players. You can certainly find great players that way but your margin for error is much smaller.

Kudos to PJ Fleck. He takes a shot at elite level prospects. Sooner or later, the dam will break. He will have an even greater recruiting group.

Imagine someday the Gophers signing a 5-Star.

This kid Bear Alexander will be a monster get!

It's one thing when we get in early on a guy off the radar (Bateman), who then shows incredible loyal in spite of immense pressure.

But he (Bear) is already well known and offered by many high end schools. It's the south. It's worse than the south. It's Texas. Minnesota can't "compete" "financially" against those schools, if you catch my drift.

so, if the Gophers don't land a recruit, it's because the other team cheated? I don't buy that.

are there teams that offer stuff under the table? A few, maybe. but in today's age of social media, it would be an incredible risk. If just one player blew the whistle, the resulting sanctions could cost a top 20 program millions of dollars. is it worth it to risk all that just to get one more player - when most big-time programs are landing multiple players of that category or close?

if a team is cheating, they are trusting their future on the notion that a 17-or 18-year kid - and/or their helicopter parents - will not blow the whistle if things go sour. again, that's a h*ll of a risk.

so, if the Gophers don't land a recruit, it's because the other team cheated? I don't buy that.

are there teams that offer stuff under the table? A few, maybe. but in today's age of social media, it would be an incredible risk. If just one player blew the whistle, the resulting sanctions could cost a top 20 program millions of dollars. is it worth it to risk all that just to get one more player - when most big-time programs are landing multiple players of that category or close?

if a team is cheating, they are trusting their future on the notion that a 17-or 18-year kid - and/or their helicopter parents - will not blow the whistle if things go sour. again, that's a h*ll of a risk.
For some reason he feels the need to post about high school recruits, their handlers, or their parents getting paid for going to a specific school in every recruiting thread

Top Bottom