Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Same high school as Austin Booker.

per Sid:

• 247 Sports released a list of top players in Minnesota for the Class of 2022 and has Lucas Heyer of Hill-Murray ranked No. 1. Eli King of Caledonia is No. 2 and Chase Carter of Minnehaha Academy is No. 3

Go Gophers!!

Gopher make the top 8 for this Arizona junior.
Minnesota
"Because of the coaching staff and I believe they are a ground and pound football team."

Others include Nebraska, Michigan State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, California, and Colorado.

Gopher make the top 8 for this Arizona junior.
Minnesota
"Because of the coaching staff and I believe they are a ground and pound football team."

Others include Nebraska, Michigan State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, California, and Colorado.
Nebraska
"Because of their national championship history." If we're going back 30 years can't we go back 100? We will show you championship history kid.

Edit: I guess with "unclaimed" it is closer than I thought.

The prediction is based on a single crystal ball from the MSU writer, who is 1/1 for 2022 so far and around 80% all time. Confidence of 7 "high".

Now that 2021 is in the books, I’m curious who will be the next to sign with Bixby

Do non-helmet schools that don’t finish the previous season in at least the top 25 ever land 5* recruits???

I guess it must happen more than zero, but ...

Be nice if everybody’s sweet 16 included the Gophers. 😊.
Some people might include Clemson or Notre Dame over us but hey.. it’s a start!

Do non-helmet schools that don’t finish the previous season in at least the top 25 ever land 5* recruits???

I guess it must happen more than zero, but ...
Currently, 5-star DT Terrance Lewis is down to his final two of Tennessee and Maryland. Is Tennessee a helmet school? Not to me, and Maryland sure as hell isn’t, so, yes, it happens. But probably not too often.

Would be nice to win 5star recruit battle, but not going hold my breath

Currently, 5-star DT Terrance Lewis is down to his final two of Tennessee and Maryland. Is Tennessee a helmet school? Not to me, and Maryland sure as hell isn’t, so, yes, it happens. But probably not too often.
Maryland did land the highest rated recruit in the Big Ten outside Ohio State, so far for 2021. At least according to 247's rankings, not the composite.

Tennessee is a "former glory" school, same as Nebraska.

Maryland did land the highest rated recruit in the Big Ten outside Ohio State, so far for 2021. At least according to 247's rankings, not the composite.

Tennessee is a "former glory" school, same as Nebraska.

I think former glory schools still do better in recruiting than their current state of the program would dictate.

I assume this is referencing a 2022, but I'm not sure.

Wow. Anybody with added knowledge know who this might be referencing? I kinda hope Townley and think it could be him. I'd take a 2022 pledge too though.

Top Bottom