Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what do you consider slow for a 17 year old? He runs a 4.8 40, that is faster then Morgan. He is able to throw the ball over 60 yards, Morgan most likely cannot throw that far. He is around 6'3" 220, Lance was 195 going into college. Sam is around 5'10", I was competing at a camp with both of these guys for a day a few years ago, in which both were paired up, they were tied during the shuttle race, as soon as they sprinted Jackson has more straight away speed, he will make a very good slot/WR. The TG kid took engineering calculus through the Univerity this year and got an A, I would like to see what grade these guys would get in engineering Calc as a HS kid? This blog knows my opinion in this kid, I predict he will have the most successful college career.

I bet Morgan is just as fast as your boy, if not faster. Morgan is faster than people give him credit for and I have no idea where you got your 4.8 from for KK. Those numbers are notoriously variable and many published numbers are inaccurate.

Again, if KK was as good as you are saying then why didn't even the Dakota schools offer him? His best offer is Central Michigan or Florida Atlantic. I'd have taken one of those if I was him.

It is a joke, flighty kid. The TG QB is smarter, bigger 220, and stronger arm, and is almost 1 year younger. The kid will play WR somewhere and flake out.
giphy.gif

PWO offers from Florida State & Iowa among others....seems like a very solid PWO get
Who else is on the radar for a PWO?

It has to be tuff to evaluate without much fall football. Perhaps more will come in the later signing day.

Tre Lance was told by MN that he wasn't going to play QB and he went to NDSU and now will be a top NFL QB draft pick. If a kid wants to play a position, there are over 100 teams to choose from and he should pick the one that is the best fit and allows him to follow his dreams.
There are 130 FBS teams, and NDSU isn't even FBS. If you're good and have a shot, the NFL will find you. Like the QB at St. John's.

I have to laugh, I know a lot of these guys in these classes, all I did is make a prediction, time will tell. I have friends attending a lot of these schools. This Forum, is not very positive, I think there is such a lack of success in this program that everyone has turned on each other. There really is not much more the school can do, they have paid for new facilities, new coaches. I question why a pro style QB would want to play at a school like TG who throws the ball a few times a game. Good QB's want to play for teams that throw the ball.

TG kid is the profile of what Wisconsin likes in qb’s but are not interested in this kid. Hmmm...

TG kid is the profile of what Wisconsin likes in qb’s but are not interested in this kid. Hmmm...
I am not his agent, I do not know, I do know he was invited to a Wisconsin camp 2-3 years ago by the QB coach, but he was like 14 years old and 6 foot tall at the time. Covid, has been hard on the 2021 class, a lot of these guys in this class have not been able to perform for programs for 1-2 years. The good news is all of these players will get an opportunity if they want it. Look the St. John's OL was starting against the Vikings last weekend and their QB is in the same place as the Michigan QB in a Spring League.

Hoping for any leaked breaking news on Townley to the U...Doesn't seem like it's gonna be there until the 16th. That does make it a little more fun.

Hoping for any leaked breaking news on Townley to the U...Doesn't seem like it's gonna be there until the 16th. That does make it a little more fun.
And a little more nerve wracking! I'm very hopeful though.

Tommyboy, I like your act to turn any comment about a QB into and opportunity to talk about the TG QB. I love how you pretend to by young, yet use language that seems to make you older. If it is an act I find it moderately entertaining. However, if it is not an act than I find it a little depressing. I have no problem with you sharing about a MN HS player you obviously care about, however constantly bringing him into this recruiting board is not helping him, this board or yourself. Here's to hoping its an act, but if it is not i encourage you to refrain from bringing this MN HS players name into this board again. Let his play speak for him from now on.

per Greder:

Josh Helmholdt said Minnesota was putting a “high-pressure sales pitch” on some recruits.

“The way Minnesota handled this 2021 class is a little bit controversial,” Helmholdt said. “There was a lot of pressure put on kids in the spring to make commitments, and they got the bulk of their commitments in this class in April and May. … Some of those guys stepped away from those commitments, but most of them stuck, and in retrospect the results justified the means."

Go Gophers!!

I know frost was putting pressure on Dickerson, hopefully this win secures his commitment fully

per Greder:

Josh Helmholdt said Minnesota was putting a “high-pressure sales pitch” on some recruits.

“The way Minnesota handled this 2021 class is a little bit controversial,” Helmholdt said. “There was a lot of pressure put on kids in the spring to make commitments, and they got the bulk of their commitments in this class in April and May. … Some of those guys stepped away from those commitments, but most of them stuck, and in retrospect the results justified the means."

Go Gophers!!
Not controversial at all to me.

I am not his agent, I do not know, I do know he was invited to a Wisconsin camp 2-3 years ago by the QB coach, but he was like 14 years old and 6 foot tall at the time. Covid, has been hard on the 2021 class, a lot of these guys in this class have not been able to perform for programs for 1-2 years. The good news is all of these players will get an opportunity if they want it. Look the St. John's OL was starting against the Vikings last weekend and their QB is in the same place as the Michigan QB in a Spring League.

The kid has a legit terrible arm.

Not controversial at all to me.

How is that controversial? We want kinds who make commitments and stick to those commitments. We're upfront and honest.

What should be controversial is making a kid thing you're holding out a spot for them and filling that spot with the next best thing.

Our method should be the least controversial.

per Greder:

Go Gophers!!
If all of those 4 star guys who committed in the spring don't sign Wednesday I'll raise a concern, but if they all sign which is what is expected you can put that theory to bed. It's a life program and I believe the pitch is genuine. The media thinks that if PJ is recruiting well something is going on and it's really disappointing. What a lazy take by Josh Helmholdt. High pressure lol. There are deadlines and if you're not at the very top of the board and you aren't making a decision the staff might move on to someone else. Every school does that. PJ wants to be set with his class by the end of the summer and then add 4-5 late targets after their senior seasons.

If all of those 4 star guys who committed in the spring don't sign Wednesday I'll raise a concern, but if they all sign which is what is expected you can put that theory to bed. It's a life program and I believe the pitch is genuine. The media thinks that if PJ is recruiting well something is going on and it's really disappointing. What a lazy take by Josh Helmholdt. High pressure lol. There are deadlines and if you're not at the very top of the board and you aren't making a decision the staff might move on to someone else. Every school does that. PJ wants to be set with his class by the end of the summer and then add 4-5 late targets after their senior seasons.
Bolded: well, there is something going on. But that something is simply PJ's sales pitch, for whatever it's worth to various folks. He is his own brand, that is for sure.

The TG QB is slow and lacks quickness compared to the 4-star athlete Sam Jackson not to mention Jackson has a good arm. The TG QB has a weak arm in comparison to Jackson. Not even close. The TG QB is taller than Jackson I will give you that but he is not really very tall. I think most of us here are taller than Jackson. Jackson is a great athlete and if he goes to Notre Dame, wow. Maybe he comes back here and plays DB or WR. I would be fine with that.
Didn’t the Totino Grace QB get benched this year due to too many interceptions, weak arm strength and poor accuracy?

I have to laugh, I know a lot of these guys in these classes, all I did is make a prediction, time will tell. I have friends attending a lot of these schools. This Forum, is not very positive, I think there is such a lack of success in this program that everyone has turned on each other. There really is not much more the school can do, they have paid for new facilities, new coaches. I question why a pro style QB would want to play at a school like TG who throws the ball a few times a game. Good QB's want to play for teams that throw the ball.

Sounds like a good time for you to cut your losses and move on then. No point supporting the forum or the program if there is nothing more they can do. I mean if they are willing to pass on the next Tom Brady who is right in their own backyard then what chance does the program ever have of succeeding.

Or am I selling your boy short....is Brady not a good enough comparison, is he more of a mixture of all the greats rolled into one? I have lost track at this point. Now back to relevant 2021 recruiting news on players that will actually be Gophers. Go find a St. Thomas forum and regale them with stories of how dumb the U is for passing on your boy.

Sounds like a good time for you to cut your losses and move on then. No point supporting the forum or the program if there is nothing more they can do. I mean if they are willing to pass on the next Tom Brady who is right in their own backyard then what chance does the program ever have of succeeding.

Or am I selling your boy short....is Brady not a good enough comparison, is he more of a mixture of all the greats rolled into one? I have lost track at this point. Now back to relevant 2021 recruiting news on players that will actually be Gophers. Go find a St. Thomas forum and regale them with stories of how dumb the U is for passing on your boy.
As only a sophomore, he did run a better 3 cone than Brady did at the SW Converse invitational all star combine. So you tell me.

Recently a few coaches have been fired. Wonder if this opens the door for a couple to come here?

Putting pressure on kids to commit? You think fleck is only one in nation to do this? Come on!

I go to the University of Minnesota, you probably live in one of the ghettos around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom