Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gophers have offered.
I fugured as much, but was hoping it was one of the only offers Townley wasJ considering. I see Penn State is in the hunt and others, I'm hoping that he goes outside of the Big 10 if it is not the Gophers.

Easton will be 6'6" 300 by next fall. He's a man sized Big 10 DT.

Eastern, Schuster, and McCoy are all good sized kids who should be physically ready to compete in the BIG. Will just be a matter of how quickly they adapt to the college game and where they are at technique wise. But nice to be bringing in some guys that won't need a few years to fill out (assuming they all sign of course). D-Line has been a rough spot for this program for a while but there are some signs of life in guys like Carter and Mafe among others so hopefully we can have a strong D-Line at some point here in the near future.

Clear that the focus of this class is the Defense and especially the defensive line. And there are definitely some exciting prospects among the group. Will be fun to see how they develop once they get here.

Eastern, Schuster, and McCoy are all good sized kids who should be physically ready to compete in the BIG. Will just be a matter of how quickly they adapt to the college game and where they are at technique wise. But nice to be bringing in some guys that won't need a few years to fill out (assuming they all sign of course). D-Line has been a rough spot for this program for a while but there are some signs of life in guys like Carter and Mafe among others so hopefully we can have a strong D-Line at some point here in the near future.

Clear that the focus of this class is the Defense and especially the defensive line. And there are definitely some exciting prospects among the group. Will be fun to see how they develop once they get here.

If they can land Townley, I think he is in the group of physically ready. Lots to learn in terms of technique and things because you can't just physically dominate every opponent like they do in high school, but being physically there speeds up the learning in my opinion.

Lot of steam that Townley is ASU bound.
The nfl experience on ASUs staff is probably appealing, Robert Rodriguez is the dline coach recruiting Townley and he worked for the Vikings up until a a year or two ago which may explain his familiarity with Townley.

The nfl experience on ASUs staff is probably appealing, Robert Rodriguez is the dline coach recruiting Townley and he worked for the Vikings up until a a year or two ago which may explain his familiarity with Townley.

It does not bode well for the Gophers with their Crystal Ball April 2020 old. Herm Edward's song and dance about having NFL experienced staff and playing in a warm climate may be just the tonic that Townley is drinking.

Lot of steam that Townley is ASU bound.
I have no clue where he's going but to me, if he was staying home, he would have announced that already. When you leave, seems like the way it's played out with others, you want to lessen the amount of blowback you get from the locals by keeping the local team in the mix and waiting until the time comes to announce. I realize this is the early signing period, so he could wait. I'm just not feeling it either that he'll stay home. Just a gut feeling with zero insight whatsoever.

I have no clue where he's going but to me, if he was staying home, he would have announced that already. When you leave, seems like the way it's played out with others, you want to lessen the amount of blowback you get from the locals by keeping the local team in the mix and waiting until the time comes to announce. I realize this is the early signing period, so he could wait. I'm just not feeling it either that he'll stay home. Just a gut feeling with zero insight whatsoever.
He didn’t even decide what sport he was playing until a few weeks ago

I'm not sold that Townley is gone yet.

IF he is, at least we have some quality recruits on the DL in this class and we recruited a few DEs in the 2020 class.

Still really hope we get Davon in the fold. Not sure ASU's program is in a better place than the Gophers, but if a kid from North Minneapolis wants to leave home and wants a different experience, it doesn't get much different than Tempe.

I have toured Sun Devil stadium and football training complex, its pretty nice. Cant fault a kid if he wants to spend the school year in Tempe. May-September is a different story though. I got a hunch that Townley will stick around and be a local hero.

Legendary football coach Paul “Bear” Bryant famously said, “Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships."

Legendary football coach Paul “Bear” Bryant famously said, “Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships."
Well here are offensive efficiency ratings for:
Alabama 1
Ohio state 2
Clemson 7
Notre dame 9
(Minnesota 15)
Texas A&M 16

here are defensive efficiency ratings:
Alabama 12
Ohio state 14
Clemson 1
Notre Dame 10
(Minnesota 99)
Texas A&M 22

the phrase should’ve been:
Offenses sells tickets but being top 15 in both wins championships

Those d#$%n out of state recruiters! They know how to do the song and dance to get kids to leave their home state. Bret Bielema and Arkansas did a song and dance on Frank Ragnow who we were certain was going to be a Gopher until the last minute. Now, ASU is doing the same thing to Davon Townley.

Those d#$%n out of state recruiters! They know how to do the song and dance to get kids to leave their home state. Bret Bielema and Arkansas did a song and dance on Frank Ragnow who we were certain was going to be a Gopher until the last minute. Now, ASU is doing the same thing to Davon Townley.
We do that song and dance to a lot of players too.

61deg in Tempe right now. 14deg here. He's lived in Mpls probably his whole life. Wants to get the hell out and go some place warm and where the babes aren't in parkas half the year.

DAMN.

Well that’s different...

LOL!

Let me see... You've lived all your life in hot weather. You'd want to be ready to play in cold weather in the NFL. Come to Minnesota. You can eat Dilly Bars in the cold, and see knife wielding polar bears.

Recruiting in reverse.

I can't blame a kid for wanting to experience life away from home. We hope that he values being closer to home where friends and family can see him play. The sense of adventure elsewhere may have a strong pull. Let's just hope not with another Big Ten team.

Last edited:

Honestly I don’t blame kids for leaving but playing in the PAC-12? Laughable.

The Gophers are quietly amassing five Composite 4-Stars (seven from 247Sports) for the 2021 Recruiting Class.

Talent-wise, they have six 4-Stars listed in 2020. If Bateman and St. Juste leave, that will be thirteen 4-Stars on the roster assuming Faalele and Dunlap stay put.

What is going on with two of our kickers - Grant Ryerse and Australian Mark Crawford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom