Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking through the class so far for the Gophers, couple things that caught my eye:

Dino Kaliakmanis is now listed as an Athlete when you click on his profile rather than a receiver. I think a lot of people assumed that he would be switching positions but interesting to see it on there.

Deven Eastern has skyrocketed rankings. 247 has him as an 89, so nearly a 4 star. Pretty incredible for a guy who committed when he was unranked.

Crumpley seems to have a lot better offers than his ranking would indicate.

Devon Williams looks like a stud. I know the Dickerson commitment was the same day, but surprised he didnt get more attention when he committed.

Junior Alexander and Philip Riley moved down from the top target section. Riley looks like a lock to Virginia Tech, and just found Alexander's high school QB is one of the top (#1 Pro Style) in the country and committed to UW, probably doesn't help our chances with him. Was hoping that the Ortiz commitment would have had a little more leverage with them, but can't complain about the recruiting at all!
Probably also doesn't help with Alexander that we also have Boyd and Brockington, and now potentially Jackson at WR in this class. Plus 3 in the 2020 class. I'll take as much talent as I can get though.

Probably also doesn't help with Alexander that we also have Boyd and Brockington, and now potentially Jackson at WR in this class. Plus 3 in the 2020 class. I'll take as much talent as I can get though.

My co-worker's daughter goes to school with Alexander and Huard (the big-time QB teammate committed to UW). From talking to him, the consensus has been pretty strong for months that Alexander would end up staying home.

247Sports has updated Alexander as a Hard Commit ti Minnesota!

Daylight Savings Time for Washington State. They apparently observe it year-round now. https://www.king5.com/article/news/...bill/281-10336911-b70c-47b9-a438-98f076c97ee2
That’s not true, per the article that you linked. Even once the state passes everything they need, Congress has to approve it. Many states are passing this kind of legislation, including California, but it’s not going to change anything for a while yet. Congress has shown no indication of taking any action on this.

That’s not true, per the article that you linked. Even once the state passes everything they need, Congress has to approve it. Many states are passing this kind of legislation, including California, but it’s not going to change anything for a while yet. Congress has shown no indication of taking any action on this.
Just to confirm, we still change our clocks in Washington state twice a year to always be two hours behind official Gopher Time.

You are correct, sir! I stand (well, in this case, sit) corrected.

However, I do believe that Washington State is currently on Pacific Daylight Savings Time, which is PDT. PST is Pacific Standard Time.

You are correct, sir! I stand (well, in this case, sit) corrected.

However, I do believe that Washington State is currently on Pacific Daylight Savings Time, which is PDT. PST is Pacific Standard Time.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a sweeping change happen in the next decade on this, though. With the number of states passing similar legislation, I have to assume we will hit critical mass at some point.

Hasn't played much football. Big frame, long arms, etc. Potential is huge!

Hell of a day (y) Really excited to see about Jackson and what he does for us. All good

per Megan:

The Gophers added an eighth commitment in the month of April in defensive end D'Marion Alexander.

The China Spring, Texas, native announced his decision Wednesday on Twitter. The three-star recruit, according to 247Sports.com, had offers from programs such as Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU and Arizona State.

Alexander is 6-5, 215 pounds and a product of China Spring High School. He is the 13th member of the Gophers 2021 class, which already ranks fifth in the nation and second in the Big Ten conference at this early stage with four four-star recruits.

Go Gophers!!

per Megan:

Gophers coach P.J. Fleck said on KFAN radio Wednesday morning that there was "more to come" in the 2021 recruiting class. Only about an hour later, Illinois athlete Sam Jackson announced his renewed commitment to the program.

Jackson originally committed to the Gophers back in February 2019, the first 2021 commit. He decided a couple months later to reopen his recruiting and decommit from the Gophers. He garnered other offers from schools such as Iowa, Wisconsin, Oregon and Notre Dame.

Go Gophers!!

One-on-One with Westside's Avante Dickerson

Ross: “What impressed you about the facilities at Minnesota?”
Avante: “The locker room, everything is amazing you got to see it.”

Ross: “The weather in Minnesota is cold. How did that impact your decision?”
Avante: “You have to play in the cold no matter what, after that State Championship game I think I can handle everything.”

Ross: “What is your response to Husker fans on why you did not choose to go to Nebraska?”
Avnate: “Well Nebraska I love guys I will always have a spot in my heart, I love you guys, the best fit for me was Minnesota and that is what I picked."

Westside Head Coach Brett Froendt on Dickerson's Commitment to Minnesota:

"It was about relationships with the coaches, it was about who could develop him at the next level both athletically and to be a man and he never compromised those one time. So when he came back to me with his list, that is exactly what that reflected and all the way down to his final choice, because the best relationships that he had with those coaches up there, the opportunity that they have to develop him, and his position coach up there is top notch and he never compromised that. Coach Fleck is a special recruiter he was heavily involved in the recruiting, both with Avante and with me and so that was a fun experience, but he is going to a genuine cultured, strong cultured opportunity and an opportunity to get on the field early, so I am proud of his process and I am proud of his decision."

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom