Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many spots will we have in our 2021 class?

Will we will all assume about 12 or so until next September and then we'll have 23 committed and figure we'll be facing another 13 transfer portal entries.

Will they wait until he attends a camp to do their evaluation, or will they attempt a preliminary evaluation based on those highlight videos?

247 gave him a 87 grade

247 rankings are 389 overall, 31st at his position (SDE), 3rd in the state

247 gave him a 87 grade

247 rankings are 389 overall, 31st at his position (SDE), 3rd in the state

I’m not able to read the article, but it sounds like the rating was arrived at based on the highlight videos. That seems like a bit of a stab in the dark. Hopefully, it will help keep the blue bloods from sniffing around too much.

I’m not able to read the article, but it sounds like the rating was arrived at based on the highlight videos. That seems like a bit of a stab in the dark. Hopefully, it will help keep the blue bloods from sniffing around too much.

"Watched his tape" probably means full game footage - at least I hope it does. Even if it isn't available publicly, I'm guessing that HS coaches are happy to share with anybody connected to the business of recruiting.

Sam Hart (high 3 star TE), formerly of Prior Lake, committed to Ohio State today. Held offers from Minnesota, Texas, Notre Dame, LSU, Penn State, Iowa, USC, Michigan among others.

Brother Nick played for Gophers from 2013-16, catching 10 passes for 89 yards.

Sam Hart (high 3 star TE), formerly of Prior Lake, committed to Ohio State today. Held offers from Minnesota, Texas, Notre Dame, LSU, Penn State, Iowa, USC, Michigan among others.

Brother Nick played for Gophers from 2013-16, catching 10 passes for 89 yards.
Does OSU throw to the TE?

coming off a win against Auburn!
11 Win season

we got some ammo to use in recruiting....
I hope this solifies the commitment of Sam Jackson
the brother combo must continue to like what they see

lets get a few more hihg end guys to commit early!

coming off a win against Auburn!
11 Win season

we got some ammo to use in recruiting....
I hope this solifies the commitment of Sam Jackson
the brother combo must continue to like what they see

lets get a few more hihg end guys to commit early!

Sam Jackson is someone I'm worried about the inbred state to the east poaching. I haven't heard anything for a couple months, and am in no position to know anything, but I did read he wants to be a QB and Dinksconsin said they will take him as one, but the U wants him as an "athlete".

Just saw the UA all american game commits. times sure have changed in how guys commit and how outwardly full of themselves they are

None of these three have a single offer reported to 247. What am I missing here? Are you thinking PWO?

I'd be surprised if McMillian and Ratzlaff don't get offers from somebody. It's early, a lot of guys don't have offers yet.

I possibly (probably) missed it but does anyone know the story of the new brothers? from Allen TX we recently picked up crystal ball predictions from... same hs as one year of Seth Green (relation?) and look like they would be elite gets. Bryson green and Blaine Green.

I possibly (probably) missed it but does anyone know the story of the new brothers? from Allen TX we recently picked up crystal ball predictions from... same hs as one year of Seth Green (relation?) and look like they would be elite gets. Bryson green and Blaine Green.
Brothers of Seth. Is on His 247 profile way at bottom

Who is the New Empire Recruiter who will take over for Carter Coughlin?

Who is the New Empire Recruiter who will take over for Carter Coughlin?

I'm thinking the smart money is on Rashod Bateman. While not having local roots, I think he's adopted us.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Minnesota I love you. It’s only up from here!</p>&mdash; Rashod Bateman (@R_bateman2) <a href="">January 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow, 2 four star receivers with good offer lists. Would be nice to get them. I see where Patterson and Simon are listed as the coaches recruiting them. Interesting. Bryson is a 247 top 300 player.

Big Ten West recruiting off to a hot start in 2021

With most of the 2020 class signed, most of the focus now turns to the 2021 cycle.

As of Jan. 3, there are four Big Ten West programs ranked in the top-15 nationally in the 2021 class, according to 247Sports.

While it's still early, and the rankings will change as schools in the SEC and other national powers like Clemson, Oklahoma, and more will get four/five-star prospects in the fold, the Big Ten West has surely gotten off to a hot start, and have good momentum in the early stages of the cycle.

Wisconsin is the top dog at No. 5 nationally, Iowa is at No. 9, Nebraska at No. 13, and Minnesota at No. 14.

To get an in-depth look at each of these classes, we caught up with Evan Flood of Badgers247, Mike Schafer of Huskers247, and Ryan Burns of GopherIllustrated to talk about the respective recruiting classes that they cover.

The guys give a great breakdown in detail of where the class stands, how these classes formed, the remaining needs for the class, and what other targets are still left on the board.

Let's get into it.

Minnesota:

After an 11-2 season that ended with a victory over Auburn in the Outback Bowl, Minnesota has a lot of momentum in the program.

PJ Fleck has things going in the right direction, and it's fascinating to see what he's done in his three years at Minnesota.

The Gophers have four commits in the 2021 class, but it's a strong group.

Four-star quarterback Athan Kaliakmanis is the headliner for the Gophers in this cycle.

Minnesota beat out the likes of Iowa, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and others for Kaliakmanis while Purdue is the most recent offer. The signal-caller from Antioch, Illinois up near the Wisconsin/Illinois border is still solid with the Gophers.

"Huge," Burns said of how big Minnesota landing Kaliakmanis is. "Being able to lock up the "Greek Rifle" this past spring gave PJ Fleck a huge win in recruiting over schools like Iowa and Kaliakmanis is a very talented signal-caller. He's got the ideal size and arm strength you want in a Big Ten quarterback."

The most recent pickup for Minnesota was in-state three-star defensive end Deven Eastern. Nebraska was the other offer for Eastern, and the Gophers were able to get him in the boat before more schools came calling.

Eastern has great size (6-foot-6, 265-pounds), and moves well for his position. He's described as tenacious, and very quick out of his stance. Trieu said that there's a chance Eastern could earn a fourth-star down the line.

Athan's twin brother, Dino, is the third hard commit in Minnesota's 2021 class. Dino, an athlete, had mid-major offers along with a Kansas offer, but could play multiple positions in college. He'll likely play slot due to his size, but he has speed and soft hands. Helps to have a brother quarterback and wide receiver connection.

Naperville (Ill.) Central 2021 three-star athlete Sam Jackson is committed to Minnesota, but is listed as a soft commit. Wisconsin and Illinois are among some of Jackson's offers that he's considering, and more could jump in. He can play both quarterback and wide receiver.

Go Gophers!!

Look for Ratzlaff to be an NHL draft

Ratzlaff could absolutely be a great college football player but it appears his future is in the NHL. That said he is apparently a great baseball player as well.

Edit - NHL not NFL

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom