Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

His experience could really help our D. We have a lot of talent to replace this year.

Especially if Oliver is out. I know he had some kind of injury/setback.

Yes, agreed on Oliver. I actually am/was pretty excited to see what the group of MSM, Oliver, Gordon, Willis and Aune can do. Lots of potential there.

But a grizzled P5 vet like Fields can only make us better; much more though if Oliver can't play.

Does anyone know the angle on Justin Johnson. RB out of Illinois? Would we take another 4 star back in the same class????
I actually don't think they would be looking at taking another RB in this class.

Thanks for sharing. Pretty excited about MJ Daniels! He has some LEGIT offers and it can't hurt that he loves to fish and wants to be a game warden after football.

Thanks for sharing. Pretty excited about MJ Daniels! He has some LEGIT offers and it can't hurt that he loves to fish and wants to be a game warden after football.

Warden MJ Daniels says: NO TOUCHDOWNS AFTER LABOR DAY!

His experience could really help our D. We have a lot of talent to replace this year.

We also need his senior leadership. It takes two to three years for guys like Josh Aune, Boye Mafe, etc... to be rock solid. BM is going to be a monster.

IMHO, the 2020 version of the Defense may surprise a lot of us.

Anyone know which other teams he had offers from? Looked like there were some Utah fans chiming in on his twitter post. Saw one for USC as well.

Arizona linebacker Tony Fields II, a three-year starter for the Wildcats, entered the portal as a grad transfer last week and has now narrowed his choices down to Minnesota, Texas, and West Virginia, eliminating offers from USC, UCLA, Kansas State, and Boise State. There is currently no timetable for a final decision, but I expect it will come soon, with most Power 5 programs tentatively set to start fall camp next month

Solid offer list Auburn, Baylor, Ole Miss, Miss St, Colorado, Kansas
Yup, important get if MN lands him. Only team above the Mason-Dixon line in his final 4. The uptick in recruiting the past year has been just phenomenal. It's fun to watch!

Is Paul Haynes (our new CB coach, since Feb 2020) the connection to these Mississippi high school players?

Looking at his coaching history and where he's from and played himself, it wouldn't necessarily seem like he has any reason to be familiar with that state. But maybe he has recruited that area for a long time, at his various P5 stops before landing with us?

https://gophersports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/paul-haynes/2219

So, uh, did anyone have 4-star Trey Bixby on their bingo card? New Trieu crystal ball for the Goofs.

Edit: Aha, he's a 2022--that explains why this seemed to come out of left field.

So, uh, did anyone have 4-star Trey Bixby on their bingo card? New Trieu crystal ball for the Goofs.

Edit: Aha, he's a 2022--that explains why this seemed to come out of left field.
Great to see though. Trieu has it 8/10 on the confidence scale. I like it....

Kyle Goblirsch’s son.

What’s D’Marion Alexander’s video on Twitter all about? That’s nice he addressed us but he also didn’t say he’s not considering us either? Sounds like he’s not going to pick us but just a weird way of tell us “no”!

If you don’t want to play for us, then just say it.

What’s D’Marion Alexander’s video on Twitter all about? That’s nice he addressed us but he also didn’t say he’s not considering us either? Sounds like he’s not going to pick us but just a weird way of tell us “no”!

Link?

Yeah, it's a weird one. I've decided that most of the possibilities are pretty personal, so I'm not going to speculate. Wish him well, seems like a great kid.

Wild guess is he decided (perhaps with influence of his family) that he wants to play closer to or in Texas, but he really loved our program, wanted to be a Gopher, and was close to some of our commits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom