Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

As long as they say blessed, in fact if they give many blessings its even better. I rate recruits on how many blessings they give. If they say "blessed" they are 1-star, "really blessed" 2-star, "very blessed" 3-star, "extremely blessed" 4-star, and when they say "Many Blessings: 5-star

Off-topic, but I actually saw a guy with a "Blessed" ball cap in line at the movies the other day. He looked a little too old (and short) to be a recruit.

Has tOSU offered him yet? The last I saw, they hadn't, but were showing a lot of interest. I saw that Munford has been offered by Bama though. It would be so cool to beat them out on a recruit. :cool:

Urban Meyer was at Munford's basketball game last night, so I gotta think OSU offered him after that (at least according to Rivals he didn't have an offer prior to that, but I assume that he does now).

He has 4 new, non-WMU poached commits and lost a recruiting battle to NDSU...

If the point of that post is that u r not impressed so be it. Only a fool would evaluate PJ's abilities to recruit at this point. Any coach in America, coming off this scandal and with only a month until signing day to recruit, would face an uphill battle. I am amazed at those who continue to want to bash this quick when all of these recruits are equal to or better than most of what Clayes had lined up. Clayes wasn't flipping Douglas, Fleck did that.

If we have a similar class at this point next year I could understand that post. But at this point, if u r bashing Fleck, u don't understand how recruiting works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Van Dyne commits....Fleck is amazing. Who would have thought he could get 12 guys in a week and get Conor Rhoda to stay. This is awesome.

Are you really praising him for getting Connor Rhoda to stay? Fleck is an elite wack job. I'm guessing in about two to three years most posters on this board will agree.

Are you really praising him for getting Connor Rhoda to stay? Fleck is an elite wack job. I'm guessing in about two to three years most posters on this board will agree.

Look at all of this optimism! At least he has people excited about the program following a very dark situation.

Look at all of this optimism! At least he has people excited about the program following a very dark situation.

I'm cheering for Fleck. But seriously after Brew's 1st press conference he had me looking at airfare for Pasadena. The results need to back up the talk.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

As for this promising recruiting class- with a good amount of players coming back from last season, who/what positions do you guys want/expect to get immediate playing time?

I'm hoping most get redshirted and in a couple years this class can really push the team to new heights

Yes I am praising him for getting Conor Rhoda to stay. He is 1-0 and going to be a senior...two of our quarterbacks might not be coming back and our starting quarterback graduated. So yeah, Claeys couldn't get him to stay...I'm glad Fleck did...we will probably use all of the possible scholarships for the incoming recruits and still not use up all 85 if the 10 are gone. We need the depth....good job PJ.

That players seem to really like. I'm good with that.

Yes I am praising him for getting Conor Rhoda to stay. He is 1-0 and going to be a senior...two of our quarterbacks might not be coming back and our starting quarterback graduated. So yeah, Claeys couldn't get him to stay...I'm glad Fleck did...we will probably use all of the possible scholarships for the incoming recruits and still not use up all 85 if the 10 are gone. We need the depth....good job PJ.

Excellent decision to give Rhoda his scholarship back and ask him to compete at QB. Claeys took his scholarship away and told him they wanted a QB who ran the ball better...suggesting he transfer so he could play elsewhere. Not exactly how you described it.

You don't win games by being appealing to 40+ year old white dudes at press conferences.

That players seem to really like. I'm good with that.

The recruits like him. I have not seen many glowing comments from the 70-80 guys here...some certainly. PJ's handling of the 10 is going to be huge. Does he support them at all? Does he kick them off even if they are reinstated? These guys believe in their fired coaches. They know their stance had a dramatic effect on the lives of those coaches. If PJ is just as righteous with those 10 as he was in answering about the WMU walkon and he has been in his comments about the fired coaches ...it will be ugly. PJ has followed Coyle's lead in dismissing the work of the fired staff. That can't sit well with the players. How does he 180 and welcome the suspended back if they are cleared? My guess: PJ is praying the 10 are expelled so he can continue his theme without being the bad guy. Does divide the guys who were not even there from those who participated? It's the next big piece...

I'm cheering for Fleck. But seriously after Brew's 1st press conference he had me looking at airfare for Pasadena. The results need to back up the talk.

That's your fault, nobody else's.

Claeys didn't want him to stay- he didn't match the OC system. In fact, with his lack of arm strength and mobility he doesn't match any system. Don't get me wrong- I love the kids guile, perseverance, dedication and loyalty- but to act like this was a major get is embellishing at best

That's your fault, nobody else's.

Silly guy... I may be the only one actually admitting at the time that I was excited about Brewster's talk. But a lot of us were. Didn't take long to see how much of a fraud he was, but at the beginning the talk brought optimism. So no one should be ridiculed to make the Brew comparison until the results back up Fleck's mouth. I'm cheering for him. But nothing wrong with being skeptical.

Silly guy... I may be the only one actually admitting at the time that I was excited about Brewster's talk. But a lot of us were. Didn't take long to see how much of a fraud he was, but at the beginning the talk brought optimism. So no one should be ridiculed to make the Brew comparison until the results back up Fleck's mouth. I'm cheering for him. But nothing wrong with being skeptical.

Brew didn't fail because of his "talk", it actually was working to bring in good recruits. It all fell apart though when he couldn't put a staff in place to execute on the field.

Brew didn't fail because of his "talk", it actually was working to bring in good recruits. It all fell apart though when he couldn't put a staff in place to execute on the field.
There was big talk from Brew, there's big talk from Fleck. Comparison is warranted in that respect. As I've said repeatedly in cheering for him but people have right to be skeptical.

Brew got a lot of highly ranked guys to sign here. He did not actually get a lot of highly talented guys here.

Brew got a lot of highly ranked guys to sign here. He did not actually get a lot of highly talented guys here.

A lot of other coaches thought they were talented coming out of high school, but anyhow, let's not derail this thread.

As for this promising recruiting class- with a good amount of players coming back from last season, who/what positions do you guys want/expect to get immediate playing time?

I'm hoping most get redshirted and in a couple years this class can really push the team to new heights

Sorry reposting this because I'm no one has really given their opinion on it

OK...so I THINK we have 5 more scholarships to offer. In reading virtually every post on GopherHole r/t recruiting, scouring Rivals, Scout, and 247, and listening to "chatter", here are my top targets (based in part on ranking and in part on "connections"): Espenesa, Fedd-Jackson, Estes, Munford, Handy-Hardy, Hippenhammer, Norwood, Potts, Graves, Wilson, Bolden, Fields, Holston, Glover, Corrales, Mafe, Butler, Houston, Huntley, and Treadwell.....let's get 5 of this group and wrap up the Class of 2017!

OK...so I THINK we have 5 more scholarships to offer. In reading virtually every post on GopherHole r/t recruiting, scouring Rivals, Scout, and 247, and listening to "chatter", here are my top targets (based in part on ranking and in part on "connections"): Espenesa, Fedd-Jackson, Estes, Munford, Handy-Hardy, Hippenhammer, Norwood, Potts, Graves, Wilson, Bolden, Fields, Holston, Glover, Corrales, Mafe, Butler, Houston, Huntley, and Treadwell.....let's get 5 of this group and wrap up the Class of 2017!

Since when is Espenesa not firmly going to Iowa?

Claeys didn't want him to stay- he didn't match the OC system. In fact, with his lack of arm strength and mobility he doesn't match any system. Don't get me wrong- I love the kids guile, perseverance, dedication and loyalty- but to act like this was a major get is embellishing at best

I share your opinion on Rhoda except for 1 point, he actually has a strong arm. I'd bet he has had the strongest arm on the team for most of his time here. He is just not a great athlete and he's not very accurate.

That said, he should be able to repeat what we got out of LEidner last year (but not much more than that)

I share your opinion on Rhoda except for 1 point, he actually has a strong arm. I'd bet he has had the strongest arm on the team for most of his time here. He is just not a great athlete and he's not very accurate.

That said, he should be able to repeat what we got out of LEidner last year (but not much more than that)

I respect your knowledge of him Bob- my only exposure was the MD game where he floated a couple balls that made me assume it was lack of arm strength.

We now have ZERO available scholarships except for however many may arise out of the possible expulsions.

Top Bottom