Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I mean, we don't really need any more momentum in state. We've pretty much been getting the best kids for a few years now. We don't need another tight end in this class. Bursch and Paulsen are good prospects, 3 returning players will be seniors, and we have Kieft and Witham.

Plus Umler.

Why do people keep putting Stelter in With TE moving to the defensive line? I played against him in high school, and he was a DE and on the offensive line?

But he would have been elite at Tight End.

My gosh he's recruited 11 guys, talked Conor Rhoda into staying, lined up all 9 of his assistants I think and been out talking to h.s. coaches and college coaches, attended two UofM basketball games and who knows what else...in a week!? Wow, this is going to be fun.

My gosh he's recruited 11 guys, talked Conor Rhoda into staying, lined up all 9 of his assistants I think and been out talking to h.s. coaches and college coaches, attended two UofM basketball games and who knows what else...in a week!? Wow, this is going to be fun.

I don't think PJ sleeps much, now that he has his assistants helping recruit it should be an interesting 3 weeks until signing day.

I don't think PJ sleeps much, now that he has his assistants helping recruit it should be an interesting 3 weeks until signing day.

He's like the character in "Larger Than Life" Tip Tucker (Matthew McConaughey). He never sleeps.

Mitch still has eligibility:confused:

This is confusing. Why are many of the current seniors listed for next years scholarship distribution?

It shows all of this years seniors and next years recruiting class. Ignore the seniors and with the addition of DD today we have 84 players on or having committed to scholarships and 22 of them in this recruiting class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe now that WR Tyjon Lindsey from Bishop Gorman committed to Nebraska, the Gophers have a chance at getting Mac Hippenhammer or Jafar Armstrong.

This staff has shown that they can develop offensive tackles. First the Viking's Willie Beavers, and this year two first team All MAC tackles with rising draft stocks.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per Greder:

New Gophers coach P.J. Fleck flipped legacy recruit Demetrius Douglas from Oregon to Minnesota on Saturday. Douglas, the son of former Gophers wide receiver Omar Douglas, made his announcement toward the 2017 recruiting class Saturday afternoon via Twitter.

“A lot of though, conversation and prayer has gone into my decision,” Douglas said in a message posted on Twitter. “I wanted to select a place with the culture, environment and academics that best fit my needs. With that being said, I am announcing my commitment to the University of Minnesota!”

Douglas, a 5-foot-11, 170-pound cornerback/receiver from Jesuit High School in Portland, Ore., was a freshman at Wayzata High School before his family moved west about three years ago. Omar had a position at General Mills for seven years before accepting a new opportunity with Nike.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/1...legacy-recruit-demetrius-douglas-from-oregon/

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

New Gophers coach P.J. Fleck flipped legacy recruit Demetrius Douglas from Oregon to Minnesota on Saturday. Douglas, the son of former Gophers wide receiver Omar Douglas, made his announcement toward the 2017 recruiting class Saturday afternoon via Twitter.

“A lot of though, conversation and prayer has gone into my decision,” Douglas said in a message posted on Twitter. “I wanted to select a place with the culture, environment and academics that best fit my needs. With that being said, I am announcing my commitment to the University of Minnesota!”

Douglas, a 5-foot-11, 170-pound cornerback/receiver from Jesuit High School in Portland, Ore., was a freshman at Wayzata High School before his family moved west about three years ago. Omar had a position at General Mills for seven years before accepting a new opportunity with Nike.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/1...legacy-recruit-demetrius-douglas-from-oregon/

Go Gophers!!

Sid's right! Graduates get jobs from Fortune 500 companies in the Twin Cities when they choose to go the U and play! Wonder how Nike feels losing a Duck commit. Just like Bama we beat them the last time we played them. Now we've flipped Douglas and stole Greene. (If he's still in the program)

Looks like another coming...

Schaekel:
What an elite way to start a day! #Gophers

Dom:
Elite start this morning! #Ski-U-Mah #RTB

So the code word is now "elite"? No more "golden tickets"?

So the code word is now "elite"? No more "golden tickets"?

I just want to know if recruits will still be using the McDonalds logo in their "I got an offer" tweets.

As long as they say blessed, in fact if they give many blessings its even better. I rate recruits on how many blessings they give. If they say "blessed" they are 1-star, "really blessed" 2-star, "very blessed" 3-star, "extremely blessed" 4-star, and when they say "Many Blessings: 5-star

Van Dyne commits....Fleck is amazing. Who would have thought he could get 12 guys in a week and get Conor Rhoda to stay. This is awesome.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What are the odds of PJ Fleck getting his first 4-Star commitment before NSD?

Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

What are the odds of PJ Fleck getting his first 4-Star commitment before NSD?

I'm really hoping we get. 4-star Thayer Munford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Van Dyne commits....Fleck is amazing. Who would have thought he could get 12 guys in a week and get Conor Rhoda to stay. This is awesome.

He has 4 new, non-WMU poached commits and lost a recruiting battle to NDSU...

Top Bottom