Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

How many openings do we have in this class? Any educated guesses on how we fill it out?
So they are at 19. 2 are on the fence (Snelson & Durr). I had heard they wanted to sign 25, although that was never confirmed. That means conceivably 6-8 more? I'm not sure where they come from. It'll be an interesting week.

Add one more commit. Silent Verbal since the beginning of the week. May announce tomorrow or wait until NSD.

Allen was never coming here and that has nothing to do with anything Claeys did or didn't do. Allen's dad coached at Iowa State for several years and he has said he grew up a cyclone fan.

I was hoping (still am to a point) that his dad's connection with Johnson would still get him here. (Papa Allen coached Johnson at UNI, and Johnson was on his staff at KU.)

There always are. That is what makes it so fun if you follow recruiting. The Gopher Sports website does a good job on NSD with there live blog.

There always are. That is what makes it so fun if you follow recruiting. The Gopher Sports website does a good job on NSD with there live blog.

They do a great job! As they fax the papers in they report them as committed.

So they are at 19. 2 are on the fence (Snelson & Durr). I had heard they wanted to sign 25, although that was never confirmed. That means conceivably 6-8 more? I'm not sure where they come from. It'll be an interesting week.

I just hope they don't reach to simply fill out the class.

They kind of did this last year, grabbed a couple no stars like RS88 to fill in. A couple of basketball players turned football players and made them into receivers.. Worked out decently.

They kind of did this last year, grabbed a couple no stars like RS88 to fill in. A couple of basketball players turned football players and made them into receivers.. Worked out decently.

Rashad Still was our highest rated recruit according to ESPN last year.

Agree with most of this; with exception of Kasl. Shocked he was offered by WI. Not a B10 caliber lineman.

Scout has him #2 in the state behind Coughlin. That's ahead of all our OL commits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The class is fizzeling as we speak. Allen committed to Iowa State after we backed off because he got the Michigan offer. Michigan got a verbal from a 4 * TE from Florida a few days ago. Clayes and staff threw the baby out with the bath water with Allen. They completely missed the boat on KasI and the in-home visit did nothing The new coaches Johnson and Miller, unless Williams signs, have brought nothing to the table. Snelson Byrd, and Durr all look to be gone. I'm hoping they can salvage Lindsey, Johnson, and Williams. They did get a nice perrferred walk-on in DT Sam White from Wisconsin.
Who cares?
The debate team, FFA and women's ping pong crushed Wisconsin last weeked.

Sid breaking news again. How does he always get the scoop?

For now, the Gophers may be down to 17 solid commitments with two jumping ship before NSD.

It is not the end of the world. IMHO, they have pretty d@rn good commitments already even if they lose Snelson & Durr.

Any inkling about who the silent commit is?

With a few remaining scholies left after NSD, it may work in the Gophers favor to leave room for good prospects who may suddenly become available due to over signings.

They can always reward scholies to walk-ons if they did not see players they want.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

John Mack is pretty exciting. #12 kicker in the country apparently. Have to think that he may punt for us this fall. I thought I saw somewhere that he may be able to do both kicking and punting. That's if Santoso doesn't do both next year.

John Mack is pretty exciting. #12 kicker in the country apparently. Have to think that he may punt for us this fall. I thought I saw somewhere that he may be able to do both kicking and punting. That's if Santoso doesn't do both next year.

PWO or scholarship player?

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 424.51px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="693950693028335617" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PWO

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 202.781px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="693889704744337409" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PWO

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Who else has committed as a PWO?

Mack
Swenson
Mohs
Kramer
Danny P

is there a limit of PWO's per class, or is it rather open?

Any insights on the DT's from EP and STA or True Thompson?

Top Bottom