Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

On defense we still need a safety (Lindsey) and 2-3 D-lineman. Landing Watts and Fant would be an amazing coup this late in the game, although I still can't imagine we land Fant. I think we only take another LB if it's someone that really wants to be here and they are just too good to pass up.

On offense it seems like we'll take as many o-lineman as we can get between Castillo, Kasl, and Cushenberry. We make room for Chase Allen if he wants to be here. We're done at WR regardless of what happens with Snelson. We land McCrary and accept a commitment from Byrd if he wants to come. And Williams becomes our 2nd QB.

Will the Mystery Recruit be wearing a Johnny Manziel disguise?

When I was a kid, my sister had this game called "Mystery Date."

Maybe we need a game called "Mystery Recruit."

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The local media would not purposefully harm the program, and when they released the information, they said they had permission to do so. Let's keep the focus of the discussion on 2016 recruiting.

I stopped reading your post altogether once I finished with the highlighted part.

I stopped reading your post altogether once I finished with the highlighted part.

I think it's pretty much accepted that the Strib loves to damage the U's reputation. They've even had editors get caught tweeting as such. I'll give the other outlets the benefit of the doubt, but it's pretty clear that some people at the Strib have an agenda.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMHO, had the Daniels' commitment was able to stick at the U, it would've been a foregone thing for the twins and Snelson to stick with the U.

Now, it probably hinges on Momma Snelson.

I think it's pretty much accepted that the Strib loves to damage the U's reputation. They've even had editors get caught tweeting as such. I'll give the other outlets the benefit of the doubt, but it's pretty clear that some people at the Strib have an agenda.
Maybe I am missing the sarcasm here but why would the Strib want to do damage? I can understand trying to sell papers and subscriptions and report the negative stuff because it is more interesting but what do they have to gain by tearing down the U?

Maybe I am missing the sarcasm here but why would the Strib want to do damage? I can understand trying to sell papers and subscriptions and report the negative stuff because it is more interesting but what do they have to gain by tearing down the U?

I think there are many in the media that prefer the area teams to be bad and/or have some kind of controversy surrounding the team/program. There are many that want to "break the story". The Trib story back in October about the possible issues of sexual misconduct within the football program is a perfect example. They took a very vague email and turned it into some huge deal just so they could be the first one's to report it. Even the sports editor said it was a "mess". It appears they have no other information.

I think it's pretty clear Reusse and Souhan enjoy seeing the U in trouble. Even more disturbing though was this stuff (see http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...layers/page18&highlight=anderson+star+tribune) that was tweeted out by Jim Anderson. He made a comment about Kill not being able to "aww shucks" his way out of the trouble that the Strib uncovered. Of course it turned out that nothing was uncovered. I believe there was another Strib editor/employee that was tweeting some other negative things about the U at the same time in support of Anderson. All those tweets got deleted but you might be able to find them if you dig through the thread I linked above.

So - there are at least 4 somewhat prominent Strib employees that have been proven to say/write things to damage the U's reputation.

The U doesn't need the Strib to sour its' reputation. The U is plenty capable of doing that on its' own.

I think it's pretty clear Reusse and Souhan enjoy seeing the U in trouble. Even more disturbing though was this stuff (see http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...layers/page18&highlight=anderson+star+tribune) that was tweeted out by Jim Anderson. He made a comment about Kill not being able to "aww shucks" his way out of the trouble that the Strib uncovered. Of course it turned out that nothing was uncovered. I believe there was another Strib editor/employee that was tweeting some other negative things about the U at the same time in support of Anderson. All those tweets got deleted but you might be able to find them if you dig through the thread I linked above.

So - there are at least 4 somewhat prominent Strib employees that have been proven to say/write things to damage the U's reputation.

Good examples, thanks. Now I understand the anger directed at that rag.

I think there are many in the media that prefer the area teams to be bad and/or have some kind of controversy surrounding the team/program. There are many that want to "break the story". The Trib story back in October about the possible issues of sexual misconduct within the football program is a perfect example. They took a very vague email and turned it into some huge deal just so they could be the first one's to report it. Even the sports editor said it was a "mess". It appears they have no other information.
That is just filthy.

yeah, im not big into beating on the media but i recall some redacted statements that displayed a hatred for the U.

That was the end to my subscription to the strib.

So how about the Snelson shenanagins that went on today

No worries. I've been tweeting at him all day. I'm feeling pretty good that I've convinced him to come here. Couldn't get him to confirm tho because he blocked me.

Top Bottom