Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Getting him to flip would have been the greatest feat in the history of recruiting.

Maybe Bart forgot to show him the poster of all the guys that he coached for 3/4 of a season at the school he committed to that went on to the NFL.

Get over yourself

I would think a postponement would equate to a cancellation with only one more weekend before signing day. Snelson has a relationship with the coaches and players here more so than any other school. His friends decommiting was a blow and caused him to look around, but that's not a guarantee he's gone, especially to a school he hasn't visited.

I would think a postponement would equate to a cancellation with only one more weekend before signing day. Snelson has a relationship with the coaches and players here more so than any other school. His friends decommiting was a blow and caused him to look around, but that's not a guarantee he's gone, especially to a school he hasn't visited.

Yeah, the Daniels twins are kinda screwed because they can't attend a school they haven't seen and they can't come back to MN.

I looked at Maryland's list of visits for this weekend Snelson isn't on it.

Yeah, the Daniels twins are kinda screwed because they can't attend a school they haven't seen and they can't come back to MN.
Are we sure, that if the Daniels twins have a change of heart, we wouldn't welcome them back?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Are we sure, that if the Daniels twins have a change of heart, we wouldn't welcome them back?

From what I hear, the reason they decommited was because we either pulled their scholarship or they didn't qualify academically.

From what I hear, the reason they decommited was because we either pulled their scholarship or they didn't qualify academically.
Source? Not saying I don't believe you. But curious as to where you heard that.

Source? Not saying I don't believe you. But curious as to where you heard that.

Their ACT scores came through lower than expected.

Also from Claeys interview today: “You have a couple kids change their mind here and there, and you have a couple others who don’t take care of some academic things they need to"

Why can't they attend a school they haven't seen? Pretty sure DC26 committed here without ever visiting.

Pretty sure DC26 committed here without ever visiting.

Assuming that "DC26" means De'Vondre Campbell, he did indeed visit here.

"For the longest time, he was committed to play at Tennessee before the entire coaching staff, highlighted by head coach Derek Dooley, was let go. The Volunteers then hired Butch Jones from Cincinnati and Jones connected with Campbell, but the soon-to-be signee wasn’t as comfortable as he was with Dooley.

“With signing day not too far around the corner, I opened up my options,” Campbell stated. Campbell then took a visit to a campus in which he fell in love with - Minnesota.

“After I took my visit, I knew I wanted to come here, but I didn’t tell anybody,” said Campbell. “I just kept them guessing.”

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110215aaa.html

Assuming that "DC26" means De'Vondre Campbell, he did indeed visit here.

"For the longest time, he was committed to play at Tennessee before the entire coaching staff, highlighted by head coach Derek Dooley, was let go. The Volunteers then hired Butch Jones from Cincinnati and Jones connected with Campbell, but the soon-to-be signee wasn’t as comfortable as he was with Dooley.

“With signing day not too far around the corner, I opened up my options,” Campbell stated. Campbell then took a visit to a campus in which he fell in love with - Minnesota.

“After I took my visit, I knew I wanted to come here, but I didn’t tell anybody,” said Campbell. “I just kept them guessing.”

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110215aaa.html

Fair enough. I remember him being a last minute surprise signing, but didn't remember that he visited. I was clearly wrong.

Still not sure why quoted post stated the Twins can't commit to a place they haven't been tho.

Jay Johnson while at ULL was recruiting Williams to play QB at ULL. I suspect that means he'd be a good fit for Johnson's offense.

In addition, the word on several boards is that Williams was underrecruited due to injuries. Apparently one of the overlooked type of recruits that could be much better than their rankings.

per Sid:

• The word in Marshall, Minn., is that Drew Hmielewski, who has committed as a wide receiver to the Gophers football team, is also an outstanding center fielder in baseball and, like New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker, will play both sports at the U.

http://www.startribune.com/claeys-believes-in-gophers-football-recruiting-class/366001831/

Go Gophers!!

Not that it really matters, but CF isn't his main position in high school. Pitching is.

Perhaps it's a hint as to his college position though. Guessing he got this info from the baseball staff.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Are the gophers gonna offer rhashaun epting? It's taking so long that idk if we will
I wonder if they are waiting on Amir Watts to decide. Watts just got upgraded to 4 star by Rivals BTW. He's visiting Pitt this weekend.

They could be waiting on Noah Fant too if he's a DE.

I wonder if they are waiting on Amir Watts to decide. Watts just got upgraded to 4 star by Rivals BTW. He's visiting Pitt this weekend.

They could be waiting on Noah Fant too if he's a DE.

Two questions 1) what are our chances of getting watts
2) chances of flipping fant

Is Fant a defensive recruit or a TE recruit? Hall is committed to Tulane, that's not a power 5 school.
Depends on the school. Fant really wants to play TE, which is what Iowa and I believe Minnesota are offering him. Nebraska offered him as a DE

Top Bottom